HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
After an excruciating 100 day waiting period for a permit to purchase a handgun, the end is near.
I ordered a HK P2000 V3 9mm yesterday and now must wait for delivery to my FFL.
The long wait did allow me to save enough for a quality firearm, so I guess that's a bonus.
Looking forward to my first range trip and learning from all the members here.

·
Premium Member
497 Posts
I remember those days all too well:) In the end though Sgt Brown (STT) really took care of me and I had no problems. PM me if you like.

·
Registered
10,235 Posts
Yeah, really... 100 days just for a waiting period?

·
Registered
213 Posts
Congrats on the P2000, it is a fine weapon, and was my first HK as well.

As others have stated, 100 days?! holy hell Batman, it takes me less than 10 minutes from saying yes to walking out the door with it... sorry, just had to say it : )

·
Registered
284 Posts
Seems like an unreasonable amount of time to wait for a permit. But, the wait is worth it. Its gonna be a long and expensive journey :29:

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Well, I made a trip to the range today and fired 100 rounds of American Eagle 115gr. FMJ. My first magazine grouped 2" at 15yds with most of the rounds making one hole, not bad considering I haven't fired a handgun in 15+ years. Dry firing with snap caps definitely helped get a feel for the trigger. The P2000 was flawless in operation, with minimal recoil and was a joy to shoot.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts