HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
186 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Can anyone help me here. I'm having a very difficult time getting in touch with Ed at HDPS to do my conversion. I have everything done except the SBR engraving and bbl swap. Oh and finally getting a fake flash suppressor for it since I'm not allowed to have those evil things in CT. So to anyone that can help,

1)do you know of any reputable engravers in the CT area that can engrave in Polymer? What exactly are the engraving dimensions?

2) Does anyone have a bbl wrench they can sell or lend to me to remove the bbl's? It's not that difficult to do right?

3) if JFK looks at this post, hopefully he will be willing to sell me one of his fake flash suppressors. I'll PM him for that though.

thanks to everyone that could help.

Scottoe

·
Registered
59 Posts
I'm not overly handy and I was able to fab a barrel wrench out of a piece of 6inches of 2in pipe welded to an flat iron handle. It took about an hour to cut a third of the circumference out and file the pipe end to match the lugnut on the sl8 but once it was I wrapped it in electrical tap to save marking the barrel and it worked awesome. $10 buck tops and some time in the garage.

·
Registered
611 Posts
The engraving has to be .003 deep, and there is no height requirement. Laser engraving works well on plastic.

Can't help with the barrel.

·
Registered
76 Posts
Can anyone help me here. I'm having a very difficult time getting in touch with Ed at HDPS to do my conversion. I have everything done except the SBR engraving and bbl swap. Oh and finally getting a fake flash suppressor for it since I'm not allowed to have those evil things in CT.

You can MOST DEFINITELY own a suppressor in Connecticut.

·
Registered
3,250 Posts
Look again, he said fake flash suppressor, reffering to a "muzzle break" or "flash hider", not a sound suppressor or "silencer".

However, you are correct...you can in fact have a suppressor in CT provided you pay the $200 federal tax stamp and obtain clearence. Same goes for Class III F/A only machine guns. ;)

·
Registered
186 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I know about suppressors, I have one. This weird state still has the assault weapons ban intact. So that means no evil features which include flash hiders, so I need to have a fake one made where it looks like the original, just doesn't have the slots cut all the way through. Here's what JFK has made, I just gotta get a hold of him.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts