Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
well it's done.

unfortunately it's also up for sale in hkpro marketplace, details in ad. :79:

·
Registered
1,734 Posts
Sorry to hear about your car troubles. Maybe something will work out so that you can keep this really nice rifle.

·
Atta' Boy!!
575 Posts
Very nice rifle!! Hope that you can keep it!!

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
yeah i bought a couple lottery tickets today, so i'm kinda hoping that will do the trick but if not, at least i'm well schooled in the art of g36 conversions and could do it again if/when i get the means to do so. the coolest part is saying i did it, and being able to share it with everyone else. it was quite an adventure.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Sorry to hear of your car problems...

that rifle is Very nice, where do you get the g36 barrels?

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
it's an sl-8 barrel. i wanted it to look authenctic so instead of having a vortex put on there i paid 150 for an urbach flashider, four in four prong, i chose the four in fh because that would bring my barrel length profile down to what the k variant would look like so the eyes would focus on th prong fh instead of the extra 2 inches of barrel that would be sticking out with a shorter flashider at 16 inches, making it look more like a carbine and less like a full length variant. hdps did the work i requested, cut barrel, threaded 1x15, crowned barrel and pinned and welded the FH. ed does an awesome job.
Sorry to hear of your car problems...

that rifle is Very nice, where do you get the g36 barrels?

·
Registered
130 Posts
I really like your flash hidder, good work,

I hope you will be able to keep it.

Pat

·
Registered
518 Posts
did you do the conversion rear section yourself??? If not, where did you get it...it looks great.

Anywhere to get details on how to make that rear piece?

-Mike

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
it's actually a tbostic gen 1.5, i worked clsoely with him on the details, the length of pull is much shorter than the top notch and hdps and closer to the real thing. that was made to order, well worth the wait. i'm trying to keep unattached from the rifle as i'm getting a lot of inquirings about it and it might go soon. but it was a goonies adventure and i'll never forget it.
I might be wrong, but it looks like a HDPS block/stock setup. Very nice indeed.

·
Registered
518 Posts
Thanks for the info. It's a nice rifle and I'm sorry you need to sell...but you can always do it again when things are better...even though its a lot of work.

Do you know if Tom is accepting work at this time?

·
Registered
484 Posts
Thats one of the best looking conversion I have seen. Looks like you got the stock block done right, looks like a regular G36 from a ways off

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
i think tom is, he was supposed to be really busy with work about the time he finished my conversion block. it doesn't hurt to ask, he is always willing to answer any questions. i harrassed him a lot! he's cool.
Thanks for the info. It's a nice rifle and I'm sorry you need to sell...but you can always do it again when things are better...even though its a lot of work.

Do you know if Tom is accepting work at this time?

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
tom bostic made the conversion block, he does a couple versions, i selected the gen 1.5 version after a lot of research, i had to cut the rear section of my receiver off and drill some holes for the total connection of the inner and outer block to the receiver. it takes a lot of precise work but it's worth it.

did you do the conversion rear section yourself??? If not, where did you get it...it looks great.

Anywhere to get details on how to make that rear piece?

-Mike

·
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒ&
1,922 Posts
Gotta say nice looking rifle. Wish I was in a better position to help you out but with Christmas coming up, and as many as I have bought the last couple of months....I can't. Good luck.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts