HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
214 Posts
What is it with kids today? Im sure the politicians will use this as more ammo to try to ban all weapons. Its much easier than trying to figure out what the real cause is. Im sure that the parents had no clue and are upstanding members of society. It must be all those darn video games and movies. Lets ban everything!!!!! :40:

·
Registered
893 Posts
What is it with kids today?
:40:
The lack of parental involvement, proper upbringing, and a good as.kicking when necessary.

This also proves those folks oversees (and some here) wrong that say this kind of thing is the result of the violent nature of the American culture. Wrong - it can happen anywhere.

(SS: Sorry to see that it happened there though.)

·
Registered
423 Posts
When I was a young kid, 45 years ago or so, all the boys had pocket knives. We got into fights, but I don't think it ever enter any of our minds to us a knife. We were just taught better by our family. People today just want to band something rather than teach responsible use.

·
Atta' Boy!!
575 Posts
Hotel Kilo, damn good idea you guys have!! I know some parents here that would be on death row!! SS, what are your laws concerning gun ownership in Finland? Do you have a group that wishes to ban ownership?
God Bless,
Pyro Mike

·
Registered
528 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Yes this was very regrettable event.

Here you can get gun license (expanded licence) to your parents owned firearm when you are 15-years old.
At 18, you can have you own license as this guy did and first gun is usually .22Lr pistol or rifle and often hunting weapon like shotgun.

This chap did get his own license to his pistol (.22 Sig Sauer Mosquito) only 2,5 week´s ago.

Of course now some members of the public here demand, that all pistol and short firearms must be banned, as they are used only this kind of events and they are no use in hunting.

I believe that if this fella had done these shootings with shotgun or hunting rifle, the outcome would be at least similar or even worse.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Thats a great idea. We should do the same in the states.
Hotel Kilo, damn good idea you guys have!! I know some parents here that would be on death row!!
I really hope this gets passed. Attitude of parents nowadays is sad.

Here you can get gun license (expanded licence) to your parents owned firearm when you are 15-years old.
Probably more could have been done by the parents regarding responsible gun handling and use during this period. Thanks for posting SS.

·
Registered
896 Posts

Any guess on what gun that he has is?

·
Registered
616 Posts

Any guess on what gun that he has is?
Well if that doesnt remind me of the photos the virginia tech shooter took of himself on his webcam.

In the states they are charging the mother of a child who was planning a shooting in Pennsylvania. Since many of the firearms these kids get are from their parents, they should charge the parents. If the parents dont care enough about their kids to raise them right, hopefully they care enough about themselves to keep their guns locked up.

·
Registered
1,023 Posts
Very sad :(

Makes me nervous the pics i have on my Facebook... i have a perspective shot, and an at-rest shot, tho im not going to school yet. (although i have it set so only "friends" can see, i suppose its okay

·
Registered
325 Posts
Very sad :(

Makes me nervous the pics i have on my Facebook... i have a perspective shot, and an at-rest shot, tho im not going to school yet. (although i have it set so only "friends" can see, i suppose its okay
Yea.... this is why I don't post pictures of myself posing with the firearms that I own (anywhere), and why I don't post any pictures of firearms on Facebook. Similarly, I don't post videos of myself shooting on youtube.

And I won't until long after I graduate from college.

·
Registered
214 Posts
I find it hard to believe that his parents or friends had no idea that he was a sick piece of crap. He had to show signs of his intentions in what he did on a daily basis. I was a C.O. at one time and just talking with most inmates...you could tell that they functioned on a different level of morals or ethics. They didnt view things the same way that rational people do. Some times it scared the hell out of me. The parents need to play a bigger role in their childrens lives. Argh...this just gets me so upset. I hope that he spends eternity in hell getting butt raped by Sadam.

·
Registered
131 Posts
When I was a young kid, 45 years ago or so, all the boys had pocket knives. We got into fights, but I don't think it ever enter any of our minds to us a knife. We were just taught better by our family. People today just want to band something rather than teach responsible use.
Well said!

·
Registered
64 Posts
My father, oddly, was not much of a gun person...But mom was. She made sure I had a LOT of respect for firearms...and also that I knew how to use them.

Then again, she also taught me never to hit a lady, to watch my mouth around my elders, and to show people the same respect I expected out of them...and that I'd get my arse handed to me if I messed up.

·
Premium Member
293 Posts
In the states they are charging the mother of a child who was planning a shooting in Pennsylvania...
It was said on the news papers here in Finland the the finnish shooter Auvinen and this Dillon Cossey were friends over the internet and sharing the same "intrests".

What makes me angry is that the gunman killed himself. I prayed that he would survive and face the consequenses.

This also makes us sporting shooters "bad guys" in a way, the first official police report said that the gunner was practicing "marksman" shooting with the Mosquito. Every shooter knows that that kind of weapon cannot be seriously used in target shooting. Also the shooting clubs are getting their share if the bashing. The most radical AntiGunners are proposing that the guns are to be totally banned and some are saying that the handguns are not allowed to be kept at home anymore and instead of that being kept at the range, which is insane. Many clubs would have no other choice than ending their business because there are dosens of clubs that owns only the range (or a part of it) they are using. No safe-enough club houses etc.

There are also some articles that I agree with.
The required age for a short weapon permit could be lifted up to 20 and if the weapon permit application is for a weapon to be used in "hobbies", there could be requirements regarding the membership of at least one year in a shooting club. This would tell something about the person wanting the weapon permit.

I send my sincerest condolences to the families and friends of the lost lifes in Jokela.

Miku

1 - 19 of 19 Posts