HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm not really new to HK as I have a few pistols but am brand new to the Roller lock type.
If I use a fire clean/slick 2000, not sure if that's what it's called?...
But I have seen videos where the carbon just wipes away clean after use
Will products like this aid in reliability as well
I am in the process of purchasing a PTR 91 and heard the only "issues" are gumming up in the trunnion area and heavy fowling on the bolt from the blow back.
I would think any reliability concerns would be all but gone with a product like the fireclean.

Does anyone use this stuff and have results you want to share,
Also grease, I use mobile 1 grease on my other firearms with success

On a G3/91 type rifle where would you use grease if any

Thanks

·
Registered
1,434 Posts
I have slick 2000 I use to lube my Hk's and love the stuff I would like try Fire clean soon to see how that works I use a Buster to clean my Hk's with.

·
Registered
352 Posts
Fireclean gets very good reviews on this board, and also receives an unqualified endorsement from Joe (Chopstix Kid) at Dakota Tactical, who is one of the very best roller-lock builders.

With that said, if you want the ultimate setup, I would recommend having the bolt and bolt carrier plated in Robar NP3 Plus, as shown here: http://www.hkpro.com/forum/hk-long-...dakota-tactical-d54p-igf-faux-suppressor.html

Pricing is the same as for AR-15 bolt carriers.

Get this modification, and then add Fireclean, Break-Free, RemOil, Slip 2000, etc, and you will be nearly unstoppable in terms of avoiding malfunctions because of excessive crud buildup.

·
Registered
86 Posts
You may want to try ALG Go-Juice, cheaper and double the quantity of Fireclean.
No experience with ALG stuff yet but FC originally purchased in 2012 or 2013 has spoiled in multiple occasions where the hardware were stagnant for a period of time.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts