HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
First 1000 rounds through my HK45 (over several visits to the range). So far, so good. The sights are dead-on for 230gn ball. It's been perfectly reliable and more accurate than I have any right to expect. The DA trigger pull has smoothed-out and gotten a little lighter. HK really got the ergos right on this gun. Did I mention that I really like this gun? The gun could still use a little bit better trigger though. Maybe that will come as the gun breaks in more, but it seems to me the gun could really benefit from an overtravel stop. Hopefully HK comes out with a slicked-up trigger group for this gun as that is all that is keeping this gun from competing head-to-head (shootability-wise) with the high-end 1911s (IMHO). I am just a dedicated range-rat but if I had to go in harms way, the HK45 would be the gun I'd want.

·
Registered
158 Posts
Good choice for the weapon into harms way. I am going to have to come up off of the cash and get a new HK 45, my other 45s need another sibling.

·
Registered
3,199 Posts
I am loving my HK45. I only have a few hundred rounds through mine so far but it is extremely accurate and fits great in my hand and east any ammo that I feed it.

I agree with you that if SHTF and I needed to take only one pistol the HK45 would be high on the list.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
whats your honest opinion hk usp tactical vs the hk45 now that you are 1k deep into the hk45?
The HK45 has the better ergos (lower bore plane, more comfortable grip, ...). That meant a lot to me as the USP series always felt a little clunkly in my hands (especially the 45s). The HK45 feels in my hands like it was made for me. I now await the compact version... Any word on it's arrival?

·
Registered
3,199 Posts
I now await the compact version... Any word on it's arrival?
No clue to hopefully sometime soon. HK stated it would be released sometime during the first quarter of 08.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Enjoy your new pistol. The reliability and accuracy are no surprise!

First 1000 rounds through my HK45 (over several visits to the range). So far, so good. The sights are dead-on for 230gn ball. It's been perfectly reliable and more accurate than I have any right to expect. The DA trigger pull has smoothed-out and gotten a little lighter. HK really got the ergos right on this gun. Did I mention that I really like this gun? The gun could still use a little bit better trigger though. Maybe that will come as the gun breaks in more, but it seems to me the gun could really benefit from an overtravel stop. Hopefully HK comes out with a slicked-up trigger group for this gun as that is all that is keeping this gun from competing head-to-head (shootability-wise) with the high-end 1911s (IMHO). I am just a dedicated range-rat but if I had to go in harms way, the HK45 would be the gun I'd want.

·
Registered
316 Posts

Have you ever had it snap closed when you put a clip in?
Have you ever had it fail to lock open after the last show has been fired.
Several of us have experienced this (in my case after only a few hundred rds.)

·
Registered
534 Posts
The slide going forward when slamming a mag home & chambering a round is not an issue, Glocks do it quite often - consider it a quick reload. If it happens when you insert the mag with minimal force, then you may want to have someone look at it. The slide not locking back may have something to do with the position of your thumbs. Are thet anywhere near the slide stop when firing? I normally shoot my pistols with both thumbs out straight & high. Not an issue with my HK45 but it does occasionally cause the slide stop to engage on my HKP30. Repositioning my thumbs took care of it.

·
Premium Member
425 Posts
I am damn jealous of you guys with 1K of rounds in your HK45. I have got to get onboard.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Another 300 through the gun...

Since the time of the original post, I've put another 300 rounds through the gun. The trigger has continued to break in... the DA pull has become quite manageable. Reliability is still perfect and the thing has the accuracy of a target gun. If you have a chance to get one, do it!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts