HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
290 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Planning to purchase an HK45 which will be mainly a range gun. Any thoughts on trigger configuration would be helpful. Lem vs DA/SA?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
838 Posts
Pretty personal decision. Do you have experience with either? Both are good in different ways and it's going to really need to be your call based on what you like in a trigger.

·
Registered
1,498 Posts
If it's only a range gun, and you'll be shooting single action only, I'd leave it the way it is. If you are willing to learn DA shooting, leave it the way it is. If not, LEM is the way.

·
Registered
66 Posts
For strictly range use I'd say DA / SA (V3). Gives you the versatility & you never have to shoot it in DA mode if you don't want to

·
Registered
2,924 Posts
If you properly handle triggers, LEM is the best IMO. However, if a range arm and HD, DA/SA is just fine. LEM is so that one has a SA like pull every time and is great for carry purposes. That is truly not needed for range practice and HD. You might just start with DA/SA and then change to LEM later should the need arise.
The HK45 is a super arm. I love the USPT45 and held off on a HK45 and then found a good deal on a tactical. I jumped at the HK45T and do not regret that at all. It actually has a bit better grouping than the USPT45 for me. That could be the sights though, tightening me up by a 1/2 inch margin.
I am loving the Heinie 8 sights.

HK45 w/Heinie Eights is my prescription along with a diet of 1K+ rounds per month. Shoot/Smile/Clean/Repeat/Buy another HK The last part can be moved out of order to a more forward position and repeated often as well.

·
Registered
710 Posts
Man I really like both, DA/SA and LEM. It's such a personal choice. The DA/SA gives you more options with being able to carry cocked and locked or a DA first trigger pull. People complain all the time about the first DA pull but seem to forget about the cocked and locked option.

·
Priest of the P7
4,797 Posts
I prefer the DA/SA trigger on the HK45 for the simple reason that you can cock and lock the pistol and always utilize the same nice, light, short SA trigger pull with the assurance of a manual safety. I don't carry these, though. When I'm a warlord during the end times, however, I'll have a HK45 on my hip :160000:

·
Registered
710 Posts
I prefer the DA/SA trigger on the HK45 for the simple reason that you can cock and lock the pistol and always utilize the same nice, light, short SA trigger pull with the assurance of a manual safety. I don't carry these, though. When I'm a warlord during the end times, however, I'll have a HK45 on my hip :160000:
I kind of figured you would have a P7 on your hip

·
Priest of the P7
4,797 Posts
I kind of figured you would have a P7 on your hip
I'll save the P7 for (frequent) executions. If I have to throw a pistol caliber pill at somebody wearing a plate, I figure a 45 might at least knock the wind out of them.
:38:

·
Premium Member
815 Posts
Definitely a personal preference....mine happens to be LEM. I put the match components in there and it is just sweet. One of my favorite range guns. Only reason I don't carry it is the size (maybe after I gain another hundred pounds I'll be able to hide it in a roll).

·
Registered
290 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
If you properly handle triggers, LEM is the best IMO. However, if a range arm and HD, DA/SA is just fine. LEM is so that one has a SA like pull every time and is great for carry purposes. That is truly not needed for range practice and HD. You might just start with DA/SA and then change to LEM later should the need arise.
The HK45 is a super arm. I love the USPT45 and held off on a HK45 and then found a good deal on a tactical. I jumped at the HK45T and do not regret that at all. It actually has a bit better grouping than the USPT45 for me. That could be the sights though, tightening me up by a 1/2 inch margin.
I am loving the Heinie 8 sights.

HK45 w/Heinie Eights is my prescription along with a diet of 1K+ rounds per month. Shoot/Smile/Clean/Repeat/Buy another HK The last part can be moved out of order to a more forward position and repeated often as well.
I think I will go Lem, my P30SK is LEM so this will give me more time on that trigger system.

·
Registered
710 Posts
While we are kind of on the subject I had a friend that was thinking about trading in his P30 LEM towards a rifle that he wanted. The LGS said they would only give him $300 for the P30 because of the weird trigger that was in it lol. The LGS said they would never be able to sell the P30 LEM because of the trigger and that they had never seen or heard of LEM before. $600 would've been the trade in value if it had a "regular" trigger. Just goes to show you how unpopular the LEM is even to this day. Yet some of us HK guys would pay a little more just to get the LEM. So many LGS are completely HK ignorant lol

·
Registered
1,036 Posts
DA/SA for the HK45 IMO. I have P30SK LEM for CCW and like it but for range or HD I prefer DA/SA like I have on my HK45 and P30L. Easy enough to change DA/SA HK45 to LEM if the want arises down the road but I have no desire to myself.

·
Registered
588 Posts
Vickers, who helped develop it, now says LEM is the way to go.
I stick with DA/SA because I'm used to it and like the SA, but I don't hate LEM.

·
Registered
238 Posts
i prefer to keep all the triggers the same across guns to keep the training simple and applicable to everything. having said that, got match/lem hybrid in them. incredibly simple, smooth, soft pull.... no staple gun feel like in original DA pull

·
Registered
2,924 Posts
The LGS said they would only give him $300 for the P30 because of the weird trigger that was in it lol. The LGS said they would never be able to sell the P30 LEM because of the trigger and that they had never seen or heard of LEM before.
I avoid those ignorant LGS sellers unless of course they have a $300 HK w/LEM :biggrin:

·
Registered
66 Posts
While we are kind of on the subject I had a friend that was thinking about trading in his P30 LEM towards a rifle that he wanted. The LGS said they would only give him $300 for the P30 because of the weird trigger that was in it lol. The LGS said they would never be able to sell the P30 LEM because of the trigger and that they had never seen or heard of LEM before. $600 would've been the trade in value if it had a "regular" trigger. Just goes to show you how unpopular the LEM is even to this day. Yet some of us HK guys would pay a little more just to get the LEM. So many LGS are completely HK ignorant lol
I think the guy was trying to fleece your buddy by lowballing him so he can flip it for a nice profit. Unless that P30 was thrown in a wood chipper, he could get double for it selling it himself

1 - 20 of 23 Posts