HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hey all, new to this forum but old to many other forums some of you probably drift through, GT SigForum etc.. I just got my first HK a few days back and i love it. I think i got a smokin deal, my first gen like new g17 with night sites and CT laser grips + 4 high caps for this....

came with three mags, only one high cap( oh well currently i can buy more ). a galco IWB holster and about 500 rounds of .40 ammo to boot. mostly target but 200 or so rounds of federal HST's. And btw. the night sites are brand new on this puppy. the gun has been carried a bit more than fired. a few nicks here and there but that's no biggy, I'm just gonna end up carrying it anyhow. hope you guys enjoyed this post, and I'm sorry my pics aren't the best ;)

·
Registered
851 Posts
Welcome! And very NICE pickup. HK has discontinued importing the stainless finished USP Compacts, so you got yourself a rare bird there. Enjoy! :D

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
indeed. and it's probably about 95%. it has two dings and one scuff but it just makes it look meaner! ;) and it's a good deal, I had about 700 altogether into the glock, adding the sites and CT's but i still think i did pretty good on this one, especially with all the ammo and a holster to boot. right place at the right time sort of thing i guess, he wants a G17 for a house gun and i wanted another option to carry. One thing that i noticed though is that some of the stainless guns are like mine and have a almost brushed finish but the logo and description on the left side are blackened and some are almost matte in color but have the serial numbers and proof marks blackened while the logo and make are left natural. odd, anyone have ideas on all this?

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
oh i wasn't a glock person. I just bought that gun to help out a friend and owned it for less than a month, I appreciate quality firearms, sigs and 1911's mostly... but there is a soft spot in my heart for older 92's as well ;)

·
Registered
887 Posts
oh i wasn't a glock person. I just bought that gun to help out a friend and owned it for less than a month, I appreciate quality firearms, sigs and 1911's mostly... but there is a soft spot in my heart for older 92's as well ;)

Most of us that get into HKs have more of a soft spot in the head rather than the heart, at least that's what the wife thinks. ;-) They just don't understand why a man needs more than one pistol, or rifle, or shotgun...

·
Registered
239 Posts
Hey I got one that looks just like that. Tripp's hard chrome, Mepro night sights in yellow/green. It's one awesome weapon, it's all I want or need in a carry weapon. Not a bad trade up from Glock to HK. On a good day that may have fetched you $500, in turn you got something costing $200 more, but priceless in all that it will offer and do if you need it to.

·
Registered
5,341 Posts
Welcome Home! Nice deal you made on the stainless USP!

·
Registered
177 Posts
Looks nice. I traded a near new Glock 22 for a USP9 once. Best deal I ever made. Enjoy

·
Registered
2,394 Posts
Very nice HK. I love stainless HKs. The compacts look damn cool in stainless.

Congrats!

Did it come with the holster? If not what kind are you going to use?

·
Registered
595 Posts
Welcome to the HK family. A Stainless USPc 9mm, KH dated was my first HK also. It has not given me one single problem. These are very well made guns that will last a very long time. Glocks are great guns, but my Hks are special, (can't really explain why). Enjoy, be safe.

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
glocks are what they are. cheap easily replaceable service guns. Hk's have features glocks can't touch. it's like having a sig and a glock and dash of 1911 in one pistol.

·
Premium Member
1,704 Posts
Welcome and enjoy one of the finest and well spoken forums around. You wiull receive nothing but pleasure from your new HK and soon you will be looking for more to fill out your collection of top class weapons!!!

Happy & Safe Shooting!! TJ

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
well i got some new mags in the mail today. figure i better stock up on high caps before they get banned again. also figured i'd add a family photo just for kicks, these are my handguns. small collection, i know but since i want to keep my balls and the woman knows how to use a knife this about the best i can do for now! ;)

1 - 20 of 24 Posts