HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Shouldve joined long ago after hearing about this place from another forum. I absolutely love the clarity and no b.s. rules and content that I have read since I started lusting for a USP, p30 and compact variants AND of course the P7s and longguns. Sorry to make this my first post here but I need help.

Got a good deal on a 1995 usp 9 fullsize. Figured it would probably need some rehab but looked safe upon teardown (as compared to pictures in the armorers maintenance manual) so put 210 rds through it yesterday.

It cycled fine. Loaded fine. Extraction was consistant. 3 times, mid mag, the trigger would almost lock up and not let the hammer drop without pretty good force on the trigger. Almost like something was in the way and if i squeezed hard enough, it would pop out of the way. Is there a hammer block /trigger bar/drop safety that may require a new spring? It didnt seem to have any problem resetting the trigger after firing so i wouldn't think it was the trigger return spring.

Any ideas? I'm pretty handy and like working on them so don't want to send it off if it just needs a simple spring or something. ...

Oh, it is a da/sa with a safety. ...

T.i.a.

·
Registered
1,772 Posts
Without pics of it opened up its hard to say. You have a 21 year old gun, jamming. . I would find an HK armorer and have him go through it, replacing all necessary parts along with new springs while he's in there. And a RSA for good measure.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thank you sir for taking the time to respond. Certainly a repair professional is an option but as I mentioned, I would like to rule out simple things first. If no one thinks this sounds like a familiar hickup, I can disassemble the weapon and check for failures. Just hoping to save a little time.
I do realize it is a 21 year old weapon. Among one of my newest, in fact, from various manufacturers and the first one with a bobble. I thought that was odd, that's why I am here asking you fine folks.
Thanks again for your time. I'll see if anyone has any ideas and if not, break it down and see.

·
Registered
6,710 Posts
You're not accidentally hitting the control lever and pushing the safety up sometimes are you ?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Good thought but no sir. I thought that the first time and made sure that was not the case. It does feel almost like the safety is engaging. I better check the control lever. Maybe it's spring is bad and the lever worn enough I am defeating it by pulling harder on the trigger.

I'll get back with that when I can. In the meantime, other ideas would be welcome.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I am used to traditional da sa sigs so thought for sure i had my th umbs aside. Maybe I was ok there. I tore the frame down, scrubbed alot of really funky stuff off of the trigger barm detent plate, sear, hammer strut- all of it. Reassembled and put 200 ball and 100 GD through it with nary a hickup other than uncanny accuracy and quick splits. Id rather blame me than the gun but it WAS nasty. Who knows. Thanks for the ideas!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts