HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
3,621 Posts
I read a thread here wherein the OP complained that the grip texture of the P30 was uncomfortable against his body. IDK if he wore a shirt/undershirt between him and the grip. He did carry IWB. There was another member who was hacked off that the grip destroyed the liner in his suit coats. SO maybe look into that. I carry a USPc IWB with no issues. The grip texture seems more mild on the USP to me. I have a Hogue slip-on grip sleeve on it now.

·
Registered
437 Posts
I carry the P30L IWB in the 6 o'clock position and I have never had any discomfort with or without a t-shirt. You won't go wrong with either pistol, but the P30 pistols have a very nice grip and smooth edges well suited to carry.

·
Registered
815 Posts
It seems like the P2000 is the IWB carry version of the P30...in concept.
Slightly shorter grip, in addition to being smoother. I owned one in .40, and recommend it.

·
Registered
313 Posts
I too am looking for my first HK. I been fortunate to be able to handle the USPc, HK45c, Mk23 and P2000, and have shot the P30, USP, and P2000sk. The USPc is on my short list at this point. I really wanted to like the P30 but the grooved trigger guard made it uncomfortable to shoot as my trigger finger would scrape along the inside of the groove.

·
Registered
1,214 Posts
I have heard the texture complaint of the P30 but am honestly not that concerned but maybe I should be.
If you wear an undershirt it's a non issue IMO. The texture of the P30 is nice for getting a good grip on the pistol, and comes in handy when you get a little sweaty on those hotter range days.

Of your choices, I would pick the P30 hands down just for the way it melts into the hand. I have been nothing but pleased with the way mine feels when shooting. From a function stand point, you can't lose with either pistol so don't worry about that.

·
Registered
2,068 Posts
Due to your choices mentioned and the fact that you do not want a P2000, is it safe to assume you want a safety? If you are wanting to carry cocked and locked, then you should go for the USPc because you can disable the decock function with a V9 detent plate. The P30 does feel like it is made for your hand, though.

·
Registered
419 Posts
I'm familiar, I'm from Savannah. There's a new store down there that I believe carries HK.

·
Registered
367 Posts
442, I own many handguns and HK's. I carried the LEM P2000 in 40 cal for DHS for many years. I just got my 45C and I absolutely love it. I use a IWB holster and it is so comfortable. To me 9mm is just a waste of time. I think go big or go home. .45 all the way. Just my 2 cents. I have large hands and the HK comes with the different sized backstraps and it fits my hand like a glove with the M size installed. Get one you won't regret it! I also highly recommend the LEM light trigger, once you get used to it, as we all should be practicing with our carry guns, you will love it as I do!

·
Registered
794 Posts
Ask a SEAL how effective 9mm is. You know, the guys on an individual basis who have shot and stopped more persons than LE tactical units can only imagine. With handguns at close quarters. The 45ACP is a fine round. I like it, shoot it, but never bought into the 45 myth. All of the service calibers work or fail about the same. Choose what you shoot the best, fits your applications, and you have confidence in. Calibers are options and there is nothing wrong with the 9mm especially with today's modern, premium ammo. Bill

·
Registered
367 Posts
I did say that was just my 2 cents didn't I.....didn't mean to offend....

·
Registered
313 Posts
442, I own many handguns and HK's. I carried the LEM P2000 in 40 cal for DHS for many years. I just got my 45C and I absolutely love it. I use a IWB holster and it is so comfortable. To me 9mm is just a waste of time. I think go big or go home. .45 all the way. Just my 2 cents. I have large hands and the HK comes with the different sized backstraps and it fits my hand like a glove with the M size installed. Get one you won't regret it! I also highly recommend the LEM light trigger, once you get used to it, as we all should be practicing with our carry guns, you will love it as I do!
I've handled the HK45c, but would like to do the same with a USPc .45 as I believe the grip is a little larger than the 9mm/.40 version. As for LEM, if I get the USPc, that will be the first thing done to it.

·
Registered
854 Posts
I have witnessed first-hand what a 45acp does to a wild hog....I also saw one get tagged with a 9mm Speer Gold dot....same results--dead hog

Ballistics data and expansion reports are all fine and dandy...but if a 9mm is what you can carry comfortably (or .40 in my case) then by all means carry it...train with it...get used to it....love it! I am not a 'sizeable' guy so a .45acp doublestack is about as easy to hide as a 416 would be!

Proficiency and reliability matter more than what the headstamp says on the cartridge...

·
Registered
815 Posts
I'm willing to bet the hog shot with the .45 was more deader!

Jk ;)

Edit:please excuse..this Georgia freedom has me way too giddy! :41:

·
Registered
854 Posts
I'm willing to bet the hog shot with the .45 was more deader!

Jk ;)

Edit:please excuse..this Georgia freedom has me way too giddy! :41:
Understandable.....my newly acquired Iowa freedom is having the same effects!

·
Registered
2,068 Posts
I have never heard of a P30 with hammer follow. That is a new one. Congrats on your choice. I'm sure you are going to be happy with it.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts