HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all. It's hard for me to believe that I never bought one before. Just picked up a P30 SK and can't wait to shoot it. What a beautiful and well built gun. It fits my hand perfect and I can tell it's quality.
I have been carrying concealed for 40 years and have owned dozens of guns, but never had a HK. Now a holster and extra mag.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I just got home from the range. Love it. Shoots as good as it looks. It's going to take a bit of practice to get used to the double action first shot, but it will come. It was a toss up between the V1 and V3, but I am happy with it. My FFL that got it for me is a full time deputy sheriff and he said that he couldn't warm up to the double action first shot, but I think it will work for me.
Now that I have this, my next purchase is limited because I live in NY and we can't have any mags that will hold more than 10 rounds. I have been looking on the HK web site and there is a couple of choices. The VP9 in FDE looks like the one.

·
Registered
417 Posts
I just got home from the range. Love it. Shoots as good as it looks. It's going to take a bit of practice to get used to the double action first shot, but it will come. It was a toss up between the V1 and V3, but I am happy with it. My FFL that got it for me is a full time deputy sheriff and he said that he couldn't warm up to the double action first shot, but I think it will work for me.
Now that I have this, my next purchase is limited because I live in NY and we can't have any mags that will hold more than 10 rounds. I have been looking on the HK web site and there is a couple of choices. The VP9 in FDE looks like the one.
vp9 rocks!!

·
Registered
6,399 Posts
Hi all. It's hard for me to believe that I never bought one before. Just picked up a P30 SK and can't wait to shoot it. What a beautiful and well built gun. It fits my hand perfect and I can tell it's quality.
I have been carrying concealed for 40 years and have owned dozens of guns, but never had a HK. Now a holster and extra mag.
Well you almost made it your whole life without getting bitten by the HK bug. You've lost now.

·
Registered
2,924 Posts
Congrats! if that DA bothers you, try out a V1 LEM and never look back at DA again nor a external safety. LEM is the best for CCW IMO. With your 40 yrs in, you should fall in live with the V1. See if someone in your area has one to test out.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Congrats! if that DA bothers you, try out a V1 LEM and never look back at DA again nor a external safety. LEM is the best for CCW IMO. With your 40 yrs in, you should fall in live with the V1. See if someone in your area has one to test out.
I did consider the LEM, but at the time it wasn't available to my dealer. My gun doesn't have a safety, just the way I wanted. I don't know anyone else in the area with a HK. Been thinking that a HK45 should be next. Or maybe a HK45 Compact. Or maybe both. I guess it's time to sell some of the other guns I don't want as much.

·
Registered
2,924 Posts
I did consider the LEM, but at the time it wasn't available to my dealer. My gun doesn't have a safety, just the way I wanted. I don't know anyone else in the area with a HK. Been thinking that a HK45 should be next. Or maybe a HK45 Compact. Or maybe both. I guess it's time to sell some of the other guns I don't want as much.
The HK45 tactical is one great arm. Also consider the USP series. They are fantastic and my favorite. Sell off all the others and make room for more HKs, but never sell an HK unless you like regret. Maybe you can locate another HK owner via this forum. Surely someone in your area has a few.

·
Registered
361 Posts
recommend the USP 45 tactical, not for CCW but just as a great shooter!

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Great guns, I'm sure, but because I live in NY I will never be allowed to own any semi-auto with a threaded barrel, or a magazine that holds more than 10 rounds. As it is, we are only able to load 7 rounds. There has been a court ruling that the 7 round limit is nuts, but the police still go by the 7 round limit. There have been some arrested for having 8 in their mags.
I see that the guns are sold with 10 round mags for the unfortunate. I really like the looks of the HK45. That will be next.
Thanks for your input.

·
Registered
84 Posts
Welcome, the P30SK was my first too...I now have 2 additional with more than a few on my wish list...you just jumped down the rabbit hole Alice...see you at the tea party!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts