HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have been reading on here for a while, and this forum has ben very helpful in helping me decide what I want. I am a long time USP shooter, and I wanted to try the new HK's. I was looking for a CCW, home defense, and woods gun. (Sierra Nevada's, so mountain lion and black bears and mainly 2 legged critters.)

I finally decided on an HK45C. I picked it up about a year ago. V1, German made. I had Trijicon's put on as soon as i got it. A few months later I sent it to HK for a Light LEM. I really like the LEM. About a month ago, I got the new 10-8 rear and put it on. And today i received my threaded barrel.

My questions would be: Anyone been shooting the Buffalo Bore 255 SWC out of their HK45? I want to use it for woods defense. Also, I am going to be ordering a can soon. I am looking at the Tirant, or the Osprey. I have heard the Tirant is slightly quieter, but Osprey has more replaceable parts without a new tax stamp. Also, with the standard height sights, could you see them over these cans? I got to be honest, I like the traditional look of a cylinder can, and I am leaning towards the Tirant. Most people seem to recommend the Osprey. Any first hand knowledge would be helpful.

I am going to be taking the new barrel out for a spin tomorrow, I will get some pics and post them. I haven't seen too many HK45C's with the 10-8 rears on them yet, I'll let you guys know what I think.

Thanks!

·
Registered
1,132 Posts
Are the Trijicon's at the same height as stock? If so, then you should be good with the 10-8 rear. The 10-8 rear is designed to work with the factory front height. I tried them with an X/S std. dot, and it was hitting way too high. I have the 10-8's on my HK45's and love them. I need to get two sets mounted on my P30 and P30L.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I haven't shot it yet to confirm equal height, but I believe they are. I can't remember where I read the height, but I checked before I put it on there. I guess I'll find out for sure tomorrow. I love the combo, tritium in front, 10-8 rear. So, I sure hope it all works out.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts