HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys. I just wanted to introduce myself and say I'm really looking forward to meeting you all and having some great HK-related discussions. I ordered my first HK yesterday at my local gun shop. It's a full-size USP .45 Auto. I'm certainly not new to firearms, but I'm new to HK pistols, so I know I have a lot to learn and it looks like I came to the right place! Anyway, I have about 10 days to wait, since the gun shop waits until there are three guns on the order (saves me shipping costs). What do I do to pass the time? I'm going crazy already, and it's only day two!

·
Registered
851 Posts
Welcome! There's a lot of good people on this forum that are very helpful. I would suggest you pass some time surfing through the many sections and read up on some of the topics that are brought up. Also use the search function if a question pops up in your head. Chances are, someone's asked the same question and there are answers posted.

I would also suggest you pick up some spare mags for your USP 45. Check CDNN as they have very good prices on hi-caps and 10 rounders. Also, check the local shops for deals on ammo. Walmart and ****'s Sporting Goods are good places to start. If you found a range already, then check that off your list. If not, start looking around for a place to shoot. Also, pick up a cleaning kit while you are at it. You'll want to clean out a new HK that comes from the factory before you shoot. Most of all, be patient. It'll be worth the wait!

·
Registered
651 Posts
welcome aboard, I see you've in the land of lincoln, Springfield area?

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I'm about 30 miles west of Chicago. There are a couple of indoor ranges that I go to a lot, and I'm looking into joining an outdoor shooting club, so I should be set for practicing. I'll check CDNN for some extra mags. Thanks for the tips, guys.

·
Registered
3,199 Posts
Welcome to the forum and congrats on getting your first HK!

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thanks for the great welcome, guys. I'm having the gun shop install night sights on my USP when it comes in. They install them for free if you buy them from the shop, so I couldn't pass it up. I've only had experience with Trijicon before, but the sights I'm getting are from Meprolight. I didn't notice any difference in brightness between the two brands (Trijicon were on backorder for weeks). Did I make the right choice, or are Trijicon sights better? I've never heard anything negative about either brand.

·
Registered
256 Posts
Both are very reliable nightsights. Just try and find the manufacture date and purchase a late production one. I believe both are 10 year warranties on the brightness.

To the best of my knowledge, Meprolite is affiliated with the Kimber group and all of the Kimber nightsights are Mepro's unless otherwise ordered.

Trijicon branding is better since they have secured many LE and military contracts.

·
Registered
5,343 Posts
Welcome Home!

Congrats on your new H&K!

·
Registered
381 Posts
You will love the gun.

What part of Illinois are you from? I grew up in the suburbs of Chicago but have since moved on and headed South for school.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I'm from the Aurora/Naperville area. I do most of my indoor shooting at MegaSports in Plainfield.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts