HKPRO Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
New to HKpro, but not to gun forums in general.

I recently acquired a brand new Sp5k (10 round package) and managed to get to the range with it today. My expectations were high, but it exceeded them significantly. I didn't have high hopes for its accuracy potential offhand, but the bungee sling provides a surprisingly stable firing platform (at least at the 25 meters I was shooting).

Two questions: mine was advertised as including 2 10 round magazines, but both of my magazines are 15 rounders. They are HK, marked "Made in Germany," and I'm pleasantly surprised--but is this typical of the Sp5k packages? Serial is in the 24xx range.

Second, the rail mount appears to have left round scuff marks in the finish where the pressure plates meet the receiver. Is that typical for these guns? I removed it before firing, so it wasn't caused by recoil induced movement.

ETA: The sights were not adjusted from the factory. Mine was hitting significantly left out of the box (8" at 25 yards)

Thanks!

·
Priest of the P7
5,428 Posts
Second, the rail mount appears to have left round scuff marks in the finish where the pressure plates meet the receiver. Is that typical for these guns? I removed it before firing, so it wasn't caused by recoil induced movement.

Thanks!
Dunno about the mags, but the marks on the finish of which you speak are a common complaint.

·
Registered
81 Posts
The rail on mine definitely left two round abrasions on top. Also, mine was listed on gunbroker to come with 30's, but came with 10 rounders! The dealer on Gunbroker eventually sent me a coupla 30's he described as "HK New, old stock" to make up for it. They aren't marked as German, though, and they were most definitely used!!

Does your case have a label stating the capacity with which it was intended to ship with? After the whole ordeal, I noticed that mine says 10 ROUND on it, which seems unusual, cuz I bought it from Kentucky. Still and all, great gun!! : )

·
Banned
34,552 Posts
Welcome to the site, congratulations on the acquisition, and thanks for the report!!! :biggrin:
Are you sure that the "15"-round magazines are not "10"-round magazines--- they appear similar, but the "10" is a bit shorter. :wink:

Tony

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Mine was bought as a 10-round set, and the case reflects that. I'm in Kentucky, so there's no magazine restriction, but the 10 round kit was more than $150 cheaper than the 30 round sets--more than the cost of a couple of 30 round magazines.

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Welcome to the site, congratulations on the acquisition, and thanks for the report!!! :biggrin:
Are you sure that the "15"-round magazines are not "10"-round magazines--- they appear similar, but the "10" is a bit shorter. :wink:

Tony
Thanks!

And I'm very sure--I loaded them to 15 rounds each multiple times today! On first loading, I thought round 11 might be a fluke, but they loaded easily to a full 15 each.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts