HKPRO Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Premium Member
120 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
First, thanks to my wife for a great birthday present. Date night range package! it was her first time shooting a pistol, and she did awesome. That's for another thread though.

So, I bought this on a whim at my local gun store from the used case about a week ago, while shopping for the rest of my birthday present...a USP. Hell of deal, and looked brand new. I also bought my first can this week, a Griffin Armament Revolution 45 and a couple of pistons to shoot all my guns suppressed. The P2000sk obviously doesn't come with a threaded barrel, so I ordered one from RCM and threw it in my new little subcompact.

I've been shooting striker fired platforms almost exclusively for the past 6 years or so (not counting revolvers). Glock sand M&Ps for the most part. However, I've recently become bored with them and decided to spread my wings. I've always liked HK's and thus my recent P2Ksk purchase and search for a USP.

This pistol is a fine piece of machinery, has great ergonomics, feels well balanced for a subcompact, and is a sweet shooter.

It took me a few rounds to get used to the quite heavy DA trigger, but I decocked and fired the first 5 rounds in DA. I was low and slightly left...not surprised, but a little disappointed with myself. Then it tried one in SA, but still found myself low, in the 9 ring but directly under the X...aha, I thought...not a six o'clock hold on this pistol. Problem solved! I covered the X ring with the front sight and things started to go much better. The remaining 24 rounds stayed in the X and 10 rings with the exception of two fliers (one low left, and one horizontal right, both in the 9 ring). 30 rounds total, offhand, at 7 yards. It's obvious this thing is capable of some serious accuracy, and I'm going to enjoy getting proficient with it. I love jagged holes, and I love this pistol! (Attached a pic of the target).

I'll be installing the extended mag release this week, and I ordered the enhanced match sear spring and light firing pin block spring to help the trigger out a little, but I think I may wait another 500 rounds or so to see if I still want to swap those out.

I put a total of about 150 rounds down the pipe today, on three targets, with zero issues.

She's a keeper.

Attachments

·
Registered
131 Posts
Great shooting there. I had similar results on my first outing with my P2000SK. I replaced the hammer spring with a 10lb Wolff and it made a world of difference in the DA pull.

·
Registered
144 Posts
Then it tried one in SA, but still found myself low, in the 9 ring but directly under the X...aha, I thought...not a six o'clock hold on this pistol. Problem solved! I covered the X ring with the front sight and things started to go much better.
Can you explain what do you mean by six o clock hold. I seem to have the same problem.

·
Premium Member
3,086 Posts
Can you explain what do you mean by six o clock hold. I seem to have the same problem.
You can google the sight picture chart. A six o' clock hold means you are putting the front sign under what you intend to hit. Hk's are set up with a combat hold or sight picture number 3 where you put the front sight over what you intend to hit.

ETA by "over" I mean cover. Not above.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts