HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am a few weeks out from owning first HK firearm, in this case it will be a P30. The dealer doesn't have them in 9mm at the moment, only .40. Anyways i want to use it for conceal carry as well as practice with it a lot, hence the 9mm cal. I wanted to ask as far as holsters for conceal carry, what are the best or what is recommended as far as outside the pants or inside, etc.

Haven't carried much before but i want to start now, better late than never i guess. Had a glock .45 but was to big so never carried it, sold it off and now moving to HK.

·
Registered
134 Posts
I carried a Glock 19 for a while IWB, I do the same with a P30 now and thus far have been very satisfied with TT Gunleather for both. I wear a 'wife beater' constantly to keep the grip from rubbing on my skin. Obviously don't forget that a good belt is every bit as important as the holster.

The P30 with TT Gunleather's Mike's Special, re-enforced mouth. A bit too thick for me but this was on ebay and I needed a holster quickly.

My old Glock 19 with TT Gunleather's Mike's Special Slim (no re-enforcement). The perfect size, IMO. I'm ordering one today for the P30.

ETA: Belt is AG gunleather. I don't have any experience yet with OWB as I mostly run that type of setup for training. I used to OWB carry my Glock in the Raven Concealment Phantom and I really liked that. Look around and you may be able to find a used one. For training/drop holsters I like Safariland and BladeTech's offerings.

·
Registered
95 Posts
I've only been carrying my P30 for a couple of weeks, but I run the crossbreed super tuck . Makes it real easy to conceal. And the rubbing of the skin is a personal thing I personally don't wear an undershirt and have no problems with the grip. I'd like to second the " get a good gun belt " also, it makes a big difference.

·
Registered
109 Posts
Yes sir , love mine too...lost the damn cylindrical pin so I can't shoot it at the moment, but great choice.

·
Registered
95 Posts
Carry mine in a comp tac minotaur IWB, and it's very comfortable. I do wear an A-shirt because I have noticed that if carrying it for hours, the grip does rub a bit.

jace

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Yeah i think i will get the Crossbreed SuperTuck first since is a tad cheaper, use it for a while and order the TT Gunleather and use them both, that was i can choose which works better on me. I am going to have to do some research on shirts because everything i wear is tight (gym buff), as well as belts which i might take Munch's advice on belt for now unless i find a reason to replace it but thats the plan so far. Thanks gents!!

·
Registered
18,643 Posts
Yeah i think i will get the Crossbreed SuperTuck first since is a tad cheaper, use it for a while and order the TT Gunleather and use them both, that was i can choose which works better on me. I am going to have to do some research on shirts because everything i wear is tight (gym buff), as well as belts which i might take Munch's advice on belt for now unless i find a reason to replace it but thats the plan so far. Thanks gents!!
Your wardrobe choice will change if you want to CC. You might want to consider an Appendix IWB, which leaves much less print than the SuperTuck. Garrett Silent Thunder AIWB holsters are nice as they are kydex lined with soft leather.

·
Registered
134 Posts
I am going to have to do some research on shirts because everything i wear is tight (gym buff), as well as belts which i might take Munch's advice on belt for now unless i find a reason to replace it but thats the plan so far. Thanks gents!!
No problem OP - I think AG has some off the shelf belts. That's what I bought. I also workout a lot and stuff, I've found some brands to be slimmer fitting across the chest/shoulders/arms but looser at the waist which is perfect. One example is Forged Clothing out of CA. Started/run by some Team guys, a great company with reasonable prices. (I have no affiliation with them)

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Your wardrobe choice will change if you want to CC. You might want to consider an Appendix IWB, which leaves much less print than the SuperTuck. Garrett Silent Thunder AIWB holsters are nice as they are kydex lined with soft leather.
I'll take a look at those!! Thanks

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
No problem OP - I think AG has some off the shelf belts. That's what I bought. I also workout a lot and stuff, I've found some brands to be slimmer fitting across the chest/shoulders/arms but looser at the waist which is perfect. One example is Forged Clothing out of CA. Started/run by some Team guys, a great company with reasonable prices. (I have no affiliation with them)
I'll check it out, thanks.

·
Registered
890 Posts
+1 on the P30 and minotaur, and without an undershirt. Undershirt vs. no undershirt is a personal thing. I got used to the grip about a week in and no problems since. As said, a good gun belt is important. I have a Wilderness Tactical Instructor's belt, but am considering an Ares Gear when I need to replace. Need to research more. Congrats on the purchase. You'll love it...

·
Registered
275 Posts
Congrats on the P30. I carry mine in a Milt Sparks VMII. It is worth the price and wait. And it also fits the HK45C which is the next HK you should buy.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts