HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,430 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well I finally took the MR556 to the range today and popped its cherry. I'd like to report that it was really exciting and there were all kinds of surprises...........but I can't. It worked. Just like advertised it worked. Boringly it worked. Wherever I aimed it is where the round went. 100 yards through the diopter iron sights (I don't have any optics yet) and I was putting everything within about 1.5" of dead center. No, jams, no FTF, no FTE's. 200 rounds of it. I was expecting to have to adjust the diopter a few times but I never had to touch it. It was just dead nuts on target right out of the box.

I can say that I am absolutely sold on HK's quality out of the box. I remember watching the Future Weapons episode where the 416 was featured and Mac pulled the bolt out right after shooting it and it was still cold. I did the same right after I finished shooting and sure as s**t, the bolt assembly was cold. I just can't really say how happy I am with this thing. I know that I will get years and thousands of rounds of happiness out of it.

Happy birthday to me indeed!!!:wink:

·
Premium Member
751 Posts
You always get the best presents when you get um yourself. :wink:
Happy birthday.

·
Premium Member
1,430 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the birthday well wishes. And yest it is true, the best B-day presents are the ones you buy for yourself. It's just that this one was sitting in my bedroom with me teasing me since last Friday as I was getting over strep throat. Let me tell ya, that was pure torture.

Oh, one thing I want to add, recoil.........was pretty much non-existent. The MR 556 is one gun that I could probably shoot 2000 rounds through in a day without complaining about recoil. Just amazing.

·
Registered
167 Posts
Hope you had a great Birthday!

Now you really can't make me decide between the MR556 or the LWRC SPR lol

My birthday is at the end of the Month too ;)

·
Premium Member
1,430 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks, and just for the record, I'm gonna say get the 556. Just a personal opinion.:wink:

·
Registered
158 Posts
Happy birthday. I just made payment for a shipped 556..now its a waiting game. BTW, what ammo did you use at the range? And did you bench shoot thru the irons? Forgive the quesions...this is my first rifle and I am gathering knowledge and hopefully some accessories for the mistress, I mean rifle. :100000: Need some advice on sights and flashlight and/of laser. Sights I was looking at were Elcan specter dv or acog TA31F-RMR or aimpoint T-1 or comp4s with larue LT659-HK. Would the rear diopter need to be moved or removed with the above choices? Lighting advice would be appreciated as well.

·
Premium Member
1,430 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks Sparrky,

You will definitely enjoy your new toy! I was shooting some PMC Bronze 55gr FMJ .223 at 100 yards. I was doing a little bench shooting and some holding it with my hands. Either way, it was dead accurate. The only sights i have for it are the iron sights that came with it. That being the diopter rear and post front mounted to the rail, not the flip up on the gas block. Personally I haven't had any real chance to do any comparisons for optics. I want to see them for myself and not just look at a picture online. Right now, funds are a little low after purchasing the rifle so i'm going to wait on getting any more real expensive stuff for it and really try to learn the diopter sights first. Maybe get a few thousand rounds through her before starting to shop for ACOG's or RDS'. Learn the rifle and learn what I want out of it first so to say.

·
Registered
295 Posts
I will adopt one of these soon!!!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts