HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
313 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I finally got my first HK yesterday in the form of a new USP9. Cleaned the factory preservative grease out this a.m. and took it to the range. I took along a box of the Winchester 124gr NATO and a box of Aguila 124 from the case I bought from SGA. The range said they only had half hour slots available or I would've taken more. In the end there was a no show so I purchased a box of Federal AE 115gr at the range so I could keep shooting. All 150 rounds went bang and the the gun functioned flawlessly.

The NATO stuff was the stoutest, as 9mm goes, with the Aquila shooting a little softer. Both brands were consistent in feel for all 50 rds of each with the POI being the POA at 7, 10 and 15yds. The Aquila was making the tightest groups with me easily getting seven or more rounds touching out of 10rd groups on more than one try at 10yrds. I'm no dead eye so it must have been the HK and/or the ammo!

The Winny NATO wasn't far behind accuracy wise with the Federal AE coming in last. The Federal groups weren't bad and were better than what I've done with it out of other makes of 9mm pistols. A couple observations about the AE was that the 115 grainers seemed to have nearly as much pop in general as the Aquila 124's. However, on several occasions it seemed I had some "hot" rounds that definitely had more pop than the Aquila and one that seemed to match the NATO 124's. It didn't seem to be loaded as consistently as the NATO and Aquila ammo. The AE also consistently shot a little low and to the left.

I'm going to the local outdoor range tomorrow to put a couple more boxes through the HK. Love this pistol already.

ETA:Another 150 flawless rounds through it this morning. 100 of the Aquila 124's and 50 of Speer Lawman 147's.

·
Registered
94 Posts
I love my USP fullsize 9mm. I have an early model. Still has the land and grooves barrel. Which helps when shooting lots of cast loads. Still accurate and still flawless!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts