HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,588 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Took the 45CT out to the range today for the first time, and of course she shoots great. 0 FTF's and 0 FTE's. Completely flawless, not to mention very accurate. I'm sure it will shoot tighter groups once I get used to it, but I am more than happy with it considering it was the first time out. Recoil is much less than my Kimber Pro Carry. Great pistol for you 45 lovers out there!
Here it is

and here are the targets, the top left was 10 rounds at 25ft, top right is 20 rounds at 25ft (the flyer at the bottom was the first round). The bottom left is 10 rounds at 50ft, the bottom right is 20 rounds at 50ft.

Be kind, I'm no pro! :D

·
Registered
1,338 Posts
I'm getting similar groups with mine. I'm no pro either. It's just a badass pistol all the way around!

·
Registered
162 Posts
Took the 45CT out to the range today for the first time, and of course she shoots great. 0 FTF's and 0 FTE's. Completely flawless, not to mention very accurate. I'm sure it will shoot tighter groups once I get used to it, but I am more than happy with it considering it was the first time out. Recoil is much less than my Kimber Pro Carry. Great pistol for you 45 lovers out there!
Here it is

and here are the targets, the top left was 10 rounds at 25ft, top right is 20 rounds at 25ft (the flyer at the bottom was the first round). The bottom left is 10 rounds at 50ft, the bottom right is 20 rounds at 50ft.

Be kind, I'm no pro! :D
Thats better than I do with my P30s .40 cause I suck. The 9mm, thats a different story! I really want to try the 45ct.

·
Registered
1,588 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
Nice shooting vdub, how do you like the hk45ct as compared with the p30?
i love both of them but, as far as the trigger is concerned:

the 45ct has a shorter reset and alot less slack and LOP, but the DA with the 45CT is not nearly as light and smooth as my p30. so overall, the da in the p30 is better, the sa in the 45ct is better.

As far as accuracy goes they are both superb. I think the oring'ed barrel helps the 45CT be a little better though. I still group better with my Kimber but I've also shot 1911's more than any other handgun so thats probably just the indian not the arrow.

As far as i'm concerned though, the p30 wins hands down. i still have yet to handle a sidearm that feels better than it. Thats not to say the 45CT feels bad, but if it didnt have the elephant foot mags it'd be tight with my hands. The elephant foot actually gives you some real estate for your support hand pinky which is damn nice!

·
Registered
1,636 Posts
Nice shootin', probably better than I can do most days. Still can't get over how hideous those elephant foot mags look.

·
Registered
1,588 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Nice shootin', probably better than I can do most days. Still can't get over how hideous those elephant foot mags look.
I know where you are coming from, and at 61 bucks a piece too! As I said though, it helps with the support hand pinky

·
Registered
1,636 Posts
I just put a Hogue handall on my USPct. Combined with the extended floor plate of the factory 8rd mags, it fits my hand pretty well.

·
Registered
1,588 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
i love it, the light is plenty bright and has a good spill. its not as focused a beam as my x300 is, but for a handgun you dont really need a long throw of the light. the laser is pretty much an intimidation multiplier. it works, but you have to understand bullets dont go in a straight line and that the laser is not centered with the bore. so my 25ft zero on my laser will will shoot poa/poi @ 25ft. if you are closer or further it will be different and you should figure out what works best for you. thats why i say its pretty much an intimidation multiplier. the strobing function is awesome as you can FULLY customize the light intensity and strobe frequency.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts