HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What's up everyone?

I'm currently in a law enforcement academy and we were at the range this week. This was my first time shooting, and I really enjoyed it. We had a week of classroom instruction before we hit the actual range. So we were well prepared. We had to qualify at 25, 15, 10,7, 5, and 1 yards. Our duty weapon is the HK USP 40.

I can see myself getting into shooting often so I guess I am looking for advice on how to learn more after the academy.

Thanks a lot.

·
Banned
4,248 Posts
Depending on you Dept. size/budget you may be able to attend training on their time/dime if you are lucky and play your cards right. You can always attend training on your own dime as well.

Out of curiosity, what academy are you going through?

·
Registered
117 Posts
Welcome to the Forums - Training is key to anything and as a public service officer I have to say its vital for your survival as well.
Point hit the nail on the head, Dept size and budget really play a role as you can get into training courses when they become available.

Get a few books and read up while off training. some manuals don't touch on some subjects you might be interested in but never knew they existed
Amazon.com: The Modern Day Gunslinger: The Ultimate Handgun Training Manual (9781602399860): Don Mann, David Grossman: Books
Amazon.com: Tactical Pistol Shooting: Your Guide to Tactics & Techniques that Work, 2nd Edition (9781440204364): Erik Lawrence, Mike Pannone: Books

Amazon.com: Surgical Speed Shooting: How To Achieve High-Speed Marksmanship In A Gunfight (9781581601435): Andy Stanford: Books

Im not telling you to buy these, these are just something to read if you are interested, If someone has a few books they would like to share as well please post up ones that you feel you got allot of information from.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts