HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
151 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
this was my first time out shooting actual targets to test my accuracy, this was from 20-25 feet away, left is p7m8, right is my usp .45. how do you guys think i did? i counted the holes, seems like there were a few misses each maybe. i did alot better with my colt trooper .357. anyways i was just curious what my hk buddies would think

·
Registered
151 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
im not sure why, but i started off on the tight groups dead center, then after a few shots, i would start to bounce a round... but both i shot bitchen groups right at first. any tips on how to stay put?

·
Registered
232 Posts
More practice will definitely tighten up your groups. You have a good starting point and some good tips above. Aim small, hit small!

·
Registered
1,132 Posts
im not sure why, but i started off on the tight groups dead center, then after a few shots, i would start to bounce a round... but both i shot bitchen groups right at first. any tips on how to stay put?
Stop looking at the target. The second I saw the low vertical track, I could see that you are trying to watch the rounds impact. Being you can't, you develop a pre ignition flinch. It is typical that you are shooting good, and then start to try to see where the rounds are going. This is a mental game. Wait till you are done with a string of fire to check your work. Eventually, you will be able to check your work through your sights with good follow through.

·
Registered
3,970 Posts
At that distance, shooting slowly and deliberately, you can easily advance to shooting reliable 3-inch 5-shot groups with a bit of practice. In time, 2-inch and better.

·
Registered
618 Posts
Not bad, you will get better with practice as everyone is stating. Remember, breathe, exhale half way, hold your breath, take aim and trigger finger smoothly pull back. Let the pistol do the rest. Golden rules. Keep it up and you will have no issues with any pistol. Specially the P7. That group will be tighter than an ants ass.

·
Registered
151 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
cool thanks for the input, ill try and get some more shooting time, so far ive only been going to the desert when all my buddies decide to go blow up bottles.

·
Registered
14 Posts
The targets look about the same, which is interesting considering the differences in triggers. Get some professional training that discusses things like grip, stance, trigger squeeze, etc. and those groups will shrink to the size of baseballs.

·
Registered
151 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
what would be so interesting about it, just curious, id like to know more about my performance if thats possible to tell from only these 2

1 - 15 of 15 Posts