HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I made my first trip to the pistol range with my HK 45 today. The local stores didn't have the white box Winchester JHP's I usually shoot to break in a new gun, so I purchased Blazer ammo/CCI. The HK 45 is as accurate as advertised right out of the case; it was a pleasure to shoot overall. I shot a box of 50 Blazer ball 230 grains, 20 Winchester PDX1 Supreme Elites (personal defense jhp's), and a box of 50 230 grain ball ammo the range had on hand; it was from an ammo company in Edmond, Ok. (recommended by the range staff). My main issues were when I initially shot the first 10 rounds of Blazer, the last round would not feed; I then noticed that the magazine was partially released. This occured a few times as I fired with the magazines at capacity (10) using different ammo and the mags partially loaded to try and determine what was occuring. I readjusted my hand position a few times in an attempt to solve the problem. I shot a total of 120 rounds and had the magazine release prior to being empty about half the time. I do have large hands so I'm not sure if I have to practice a better firing position as to not prematurely release the magazine. The HK 45 didnt seem to like the Blazer ammo as much as it did the Winchester personal defense 230 grain JHP's., which it fired and ejected without a problem. Do I have a magazine release problem? Or do I need to adjust my hands as to not release the mags by accident? BTW, I also shot my Glock 30 and it was very accurate with the same ammo I shot with the HK 45....no issues at all. Until I figure out what is occuring with the HK, I will keep my G30 close by. Please help me solve this. Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
1,224 Posts
I would say that the mag release is being hit by you. Usually, however, when the release is hit the mag falls completely out of the gun, it does not sit there partially out. I am guessing, because your G30 has a button release, you are most likely hitting the 45's and not knowing it. Perhaps post a pic of your grip and we can try and help further.

The HK45 does not really need a break in period, and will usually feed any ammo you load into it.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I would say that the mag release is being hit by you. Usually, however, when the release is hit the mag falls completely out of the gun, it does not sit there partially out. I am guessing, because your G30 has a button release, you are most likely hitting the 45's and not knowing it. Perhaps post a pic of your grip and we can try and help further.

The HK45 does not really need a break in period, and will usually feed any ammo you load into it.
Thanks. I will ask a friend to take a pic of my grip. What's odd is the magazine only dropped down where I barely noticed that it had been released. It may be my grip because it happened on both magazines. I won't be able to go to the range for a few days so it will be frustrating until I return and determine the cause.

·
Registered
1,224 Posts
Are your hands under the mag at all when you fire the gun? Also, just to confirm, the mags do drop free right?

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Are your hands under the mag at all when you fire the gun? Also, just to confirm, the mags do drop free right?
They make contact with the mags but they were not under them. No, the mags do not drop free. They just move down where it was barely noticeable; I had to look hard to realize that was the issue. Once I locked them back in, it shot fine.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
What caught my attention is how the HK 45 would not feed and fire the last round in the mag, then I noticed what had occured.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts