HKPRO Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have what I believe is an HK flashider for three lug. I had S&H install a three lug with threads and thread protector on my 94 during conversion to sbr. My flashider goes on the three lug but will not turn to allow the locking part to work. I have a CA89 and a CA 89k and the flashhider goes on them very well. Any sugestions as to what I might do. It's a damn shame the HK won't work right. Thanks Mel

·
Vendor
727 Posts
try this....

More than likely it is the barrel end of the 3 lug tip. They are commonly out of spec on the clone HK's, sometimes you can just round the edges of the barrel end to get the tolerances where they need to be. I seriously doubt that the flash hider is the cause. I hope this helps.

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)
Flashider won't fit

I did measure them the clones are not as wide as the thread tip S&H put on. What I think you were telling me is that the threaded tip is out of spec and may need trimming down from the bottom (receiver end). If this is so S&H conversion work really sucks, as I noted on another post the remarking was really bad. Mel

·
Registered
197 Posts
Did the they paint the barrel or park it? What kind of barrel?

I have what I believe is an HK flashider for three lug. I had S&H install a three lug with threads and thread protector on my 94 during conversion to sbr. My flashider goes on the three lug but will not turn to allow the locking part to work. I have a CA89 and a CA 89k and the flashhider goes on them very well. Any sugestions as to what I might do. It's a damn shame the HK won't work right. Thanks Mel

·
Premium Member
153 Posts
S&H did my MP5 conversion.

While my 3 lug has always worked fine I have to agree with you on the restamping. I was not particularly happy with that aspect of it.

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 · (Edited)
it looks like they cut barrel then turned it down enought to put the three lug threaded tip on. tip had only blueing on it. Checked it some more and it looks like the barrel is little too long and the cone part of three lug is not letting it go on far enough. Is this indicative of those three lug tips? Mel

1 - 7 of 7 Posts