HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
191 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm interested in getting a light on the USP since it'll be my home defense gun if it ever comes to that. I see the GG&G mount used often. Is that the gold standard so to speak? From looking at pics it doesn't seem like the TLR-3 I have already would fit very well. It would protrude farther out the front and wouldn't come up to the trigger guard all the way.

What lights would properly fit on the GG&G mount where they sit flush with the frame and reach all the way back to the trigger guard without a large gap? Has anyone tried the XC1 or have pics of one on a full size USP?

Thanks!

·
Registered
191 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yeah I saw that but I think I'd rather standardize my USP to picatinny so I can use the lights I've already got among multiple firearms instead of getting a proprietary light I can only use on one.

·
Registered
4,204 Posts
I'm using an aluminum clone Match weight that has a picatinny rail.
Surefire X300 fits perfectly.
Light and clone weight together are nearly identical in weight to the original steel version.
Addition of a 6 inch Jarvis Match barrel makes for an ultimate home defense gun.
Night shooting in this configuration is heavenly :biggrin:

·
Registered
667 Posts
Streamlight Protac HL 3 fits the GG&G rail great with the Olight WM20 mount. Really easy to adjust how far forward or back you want it, too.

USPStreamlight.JPG

·
Registered
280 Posts
170 lumen X300 fits. I have not tried the newer 500/600 lumen X300A/Bs. There was a pic of an XC1 that looked good, but the picture link died.

·
Registered
711 Posts
I believe the TLR-3 made with the USP adapter is the best way to go. Any other option sets the light to low and controls for the light to low. I have the TLR-3 set up on 2 of my full size and 1 on my USP compact. They are great. The GG&G rail is not terrible, don't get me wrong, but the controls for the lights are not in the perfect location.

·
Registered
191 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks for the pics everyone. Are there any issues with the X300's lens being dirtied up from the muzzle flash? Also any working pics of the XC1? I saw the thread with them linked but yeah the images are dead.

·
Registered
446 Posts
I have a Streamlight TLR-2G on my FS USP .45 w/GG&G mount, providing both a light and green laser.

The flashlight bezel extends a hair beyond the barrel, so residue can accumulate on the top of the bezel, but nothing on the lens.

·
Registered
191 Posts
Discussion Starter #12 (Edited)
Ok, I decided I may as well get the parts and check for myself. Here's the fit of the XC1 on a fullsize USP9 Tactical with the GG&G adapter. The TLR-3 does not fit as the locking bar is too wide for the GG&G rail.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts