1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
3,632 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
Registered
104 Posts
I've never used or have any experience with them, but I think it's a cool idea by a company with strong HK ties.

As for looks, I'm not sure. I'm trying to picture it in my minds eye and I don't think it will look that great. But I'm a purist.

·
Registered
3,632 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yeah, I know a lot of guys want authenticity. I don't really care about that in this gun, this will be my every day defensive rifle out in a rural environment and will sport a rail fore-end and, Vortex FS, mini Eotech and Vietnam era tigerstripe ceracote

It's a custom roller lock rifle for wet environs, I live in the PNW USA

·
Registered
29 Posts
I have one on my PTR. if you search waiting for my new lower you can see my opinion and a couple pics. I would do this again in a heartbeat. That said I would change a couple things to suit my athstetics. Check Flemings website to see all the options they offer to be sure you get the one you like best. I got mine from rtg and he was great to deal with. Hope this helps.

·
Registered
2,927 Posts
Yeah, I know a lot of guys want authenticity. I don't really care about that in this gun, this will be my every day defensive rifle out in a rural environment and will sport a rail fore-end and, Vortex FS, mini Eotech and Vietnam era tigerstripe ceracote

It's a custom roller lock rifle for wet environs, I live in the PNW USA
Do it but get the lower that is clipped and pinned so it will cover the shelf. RTG has both. I think it will look cool and different with the TS but you gotta post pics.......

·
Registered
3,632 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Okie dokie, sounds like a plan. I may even build one up fpr my PTR 91 as I am not a fan of the Navy look

·
Premium Member
1,362 Posts
Okie dokie, sounds like a plan. I may even build one up fpr my PTR 91 as I am not a fan of the Navy look
Blitzkrieg:

I looked at the RTG link and the ad makes a comment about emailing them to request new marking options. Sounds like you might be able to get the burst ones in addition to the Navy one.

·
Registered
3,632 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Blitzkrieg:

I looked at the RTG link and the ad makes a comment about emailing them to request new marking options. Sounds like you might be able to get the burst ones in addition to the Navy one.
I saw that, nice to see a manufacturer is taking input from us shooters

·
Registered
229 Posts
Hey Jeff is there any chance you could drop one of them on an MP5 and post a picture? I've been googling my ass off (ok that sounded dirty) all morning and have only found photos of it in larger platforms. Also (and this is a drastic reach I'm aware) are there any plans to offer a K variant of these (or could they be acquired in the white and modified before anodizing)?

·
Vendor
6,925 Posts
Hey Jeff is there any chance you could drop one of them on an MP5 and post a picture? I've been googling my ass off (ok that sounded dirty) all morning and have only found photos of it in larger platforms. Also (and this is a drastic reach I'm aware) are there any plans to offer a K variant of these (or could they be acquired in the white and modified before anodizing)?
Fleming Firearms inc.

·
Registered
3,632 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·

·
Registered
229 Posts
Ok I'm a complete moron.......turns out there are already K variants available. I emailed Fleming and Wade Fleming set me straight right quick and was extraordinarily helpful and timely about his response so extra points to him as it wasn't even a "personal" email address I sent it to but a generic "sales" email. RTG carries them and has them in stock in both the original and K configurations and the reason I didn't "see" them on Fleming's website is because the K variant it's featured on is a freak of nature K-SD (I've never seen one) with an AR stock so my eye just passed it over. Sure the things are a shade spendy but really they're only about $60 higher than the teardrop SEF contoured lower I really want on my build and might honestly be a very nice option considering I'm already very familiar with the feel of an AR grip in my hand. It's really tempting to pick one up to be totally honest.

http://flemingfirearms.homestead.com/IMG_8915_rot_90.jpg

1 - 16 of 16 Posts