HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
Registered
18,641 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I had some minor scratches on my USPc .45 stainless slide and I thought nothing would get rid of them until I tried Flitz this evening. A few passes over and the scratches were gone! I am now a firm believer in Flitz. Good stuff!

Apply Flitz using a paper towel and wipe off the residue with a microfiber cloth.

·
Premium Member
2,586 Posts
I've been using Wenol on my Springfield 1911-A1 loaded with good results but it's not too durable. I'll definitely try this next time.

·
Registered
1997 USP 9mm Full Size, too many upgrades to list.
610 Posts
I've also used it with great success on my barrel ramps, and the top of the barrel.

-Sean

Typoed on my iPhone.

·
Registered
539 Posts
Flitz is great stuff we sell a ton of it at the gun shop I work at and I use it all the time it works on about everything

·
Registered
300 Posts
Great tip, will definitely consider it when i stop babying my stainless. Do you think it can smooth out some nasty holster wear?

·
Registered
18,641 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Great tip, will definitely consider it when i stop babying my stainless. Do you think it can smooth out some nasty holster wear?
I think so. That's what mine was, near the muzzle. They were not deep enough to feel with fingers but they are gone now.

·
Registered
596 Posts
I use it to polish the contact surfaces on my nickel sear springs to a mirror finish before installation. Awesome.

·
Registered
539 Posts
we used it on a stainless kimber at the shop the other day when we were done the gun looked liked it was chrome

·
Registered
18,641 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
These are AFTER pics, but let me try to find the BEFORE pics. :wink:
The scratches were near the word Koch, but they are gone now.

·
Registered
4,204 Posts

I used to have one of those.....
Sad now.

Guess I'll have to go shoot my P30 40 V1 tomorrow and put a grin back on my face!

·
Premium Member
651 Posts
I've used it since the 60's it was sold in Germany since the 50's. It is a great polish and is perfect for a final smoothing of a precision part.

·
Registered
1,588 Posts

Ah you bastard! Not only is it stainless but its got the roll marked right side too? Very nice sir. Glad to hear this as my stainless has a couple marks. Think a dremel would help? I've been all about some dremeling lately

·
Registered
2,065 Posts
Ah you bastard! Not only is it stainless but its got the roll marked right side too? Very nice sir. Glad to hear this as my stainless has a couple marks. Think a dremel would help? I've been all about some dremeling lately
Unless you are trying to do MAJOR modifications, dremel is probably not the way to go.

·
Registered
128 Posts

Very nice looking pistol you have there... if there was anything like that available here.. I would get one in a heartbeat even if it was 1500USD up which is the typical rate over here.

1 - 20 of 44 Posts