HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone, I am a new, first-time gun owner. I picked up a .40 USPC last week. I am looking forward to learning more about firearms in general as well as becoming a more proficient shooter.
-Karen

·
Registered
10,254 Posts
She's not the first, but one of the few. Welcome.

·
Registered
128 Posts
Welcome to the forum, enjoy your new acquistion. As skullbox asked, what part of Florida are you located? I am in southwest Florida.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Welcome fellow Floridian! I'm down in the Treasure Coast for last 10 years, and the 6 years before in O-town.

·
Registered
166 Posts
Welcome to the addiction. I'm in Florida too. My day off and the rain is keeping me from the range. The P30's are getting restless! Guess they will get cleaned today.
I would recommend you take some shooting lessons if you have'nt already. Also, buy some snap caps for your .40 and practice your trigger pull/grip. Be Safe, train hard!

·
Registered
10,254 Posts
Welcome to the addiction. I'm in Florida too. My day off and the rain is keeping me from the range. The P30's are getting restless! Guess they will get cleaned today.
I would recommend you take some shooting lessons if you have'nt already. Also, buy some snap caps for your .40 and practice your trigger pull/grip. Be Safe, train hard!
Good idea... and here's one even better. Grab one of these , set it up in your living room and practice whenever you have the time...

and you stick this in the gun... the snap of the hammer falling sets off the laser for a brief nanosecond... enough to register on the Laser target. This unit will fit anything from a 380 all the way to 45.

Shoot all day for the price of batteries...

·
Registered
128 Posts
Plenty of rain, a few reported tornadoes, some flooded areas.......Ft. Myers to Naples here.........

·
Registered
166 Posts
Good idea... and here's one even better. Grab one of these , set it up in your living room and practice whenever you have the time...

and you stick this in the gun... the snap of the hammer falling sets off the laser for a brief nanosecond... enough to register on the Laser target. This unit will fit anything from a 380 all the way to 45.

Shoot all day for the price of batteries...
That looks like fun!

OP, did I mention, purchase a truck load of ammo. Buy a case of 1000rnds. if you can. And shoot it up as fast as you can. Then repeat! After about 20 cases, send it to HK for a quick tune up. Then repeat again!

·
Registered
31 Posts
Hi, new guy here too, search around here somewhere for the shooting wheel, shows what is going on in the grip or squeezing of the trigger etc. might help. Ocala 71-75, rode out on a xl palmetto bug, got stuck in the sand CA.

·
Registered
1,930 Posts
Welcome to HK Pro! :)

1 - 20 of 22 Posts