HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know the USP .45 mags come in both varieties, flush floor plates and the finger rest, does anybody know if there will eventually be flush fitting HK45 mags?

·
Super Moderator
4,386 Posts
If you look closely at the HK45 mag while fully-seated in the weapon, the mag body extends slightly past the lowest portion of the backstrap. The floorplate itself is not that thick--the sides of the floorplate just extend up the sides to fit nice and smooth with the rest of the magwell. Even if you used a metal floorplate, it would NOT be flush.

·
Registered
149 Posts
Here we go again...
Yep. Makes you wonder why HK continues to put those "finger rest"
floor plates on magazines.

Before the rest of the world flames me, let me say that those floorplates
are not popular in the USA. I guess it's a European thing?

I don't mind switching them out for "flat floorplates" as long as HK makes
them available.

I switched out all my USP 45 mags and what a difference it made!

·
Registered
123 Posts
Since the new HK45 mags will fit both the HK45C and USP 45C, I figured the flat baseplates I have for the 45c would fit the new HK45 mag - It does........but, diesel1959 is right. There is between a 1/8" - 1/4" gap from the bottom of the grip to the bottom of the mag and with the flat baseplates on (from the 45c). So the extension that is on the HK45 mag just really covers that gap and only extends out the front and not the bottom.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Has anyone tried to put the USP45 flush floorplates on the HK45 mag? Not sure if that would work......

·
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒ&
1,921 Posts
Yep. Makes you wonder why HK continues to put those "finger rest"
floor plates on magazines.

Before the rest of the world flames me, let me say that those floorplates
are not popular in the USA. I guess it's a European thing?

I don't mind switching them out for "flat floorplates" as long as HK makes
them available.

I switched out all my USP 45 mags and what a difference it made!
I disagree I like the finger rests

·
Registered
51 Posts
Won't work - different mag shape. That is why the full size USP 45F mags never would work in the USP 45 Compact.
Got ya! Thanks for the reply....I'm learning more and more about HK everyday on this forum!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts