HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
2,250 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone seen an FMP receiver like this? Nmarkings on magwell , only on top receiver(rib). Ser. # & Interport Delta, UT Portugal. I've seen a few but nver like this. It's a little dissapointing not having any magwell marks. I was excited about this receiver until I saw it :(. Here are some pics:

·
Registered
83 Posts
I have never seen one marked on top like that.
I have 5 of them and all of them were marked on the right side magwell. the markings on mine were so faint when I built them and sand blasted you could barley see the markings so I re lasored the serial and model numbers on the left side magwell leaving the right side alone.

·
Premium Member
2,600 Posts
Something looks funky. That's the same font and location SW marked all of there SW3 models if I'm not mistaken.

·
Registered
2,250 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
Something looks funky. That's the same font and location SW marked all of there SW3 models if I'm not mistaken.
That was my thought but SW stamps the top. I'm not sure what they used to mark this one. It doesn't appear stamped. This came straight from Todd. Hmmm

·
Registered
235 Posts
I have one of these receivers. If I remember correctly, because it has been about 7 years since then, I bought it through Special Weapons for about $300. It was the in the last batch of FMP's that had been brought in. SW had done some SW3 rifle assembly work using these receivers that were being sold through their company as well as AA-OK.com. At that time, AA-OK was doing business out of Utah, and I always assumed they had some sort of strong business connection with Interport. Hopefully, someone with more insight and a better memory than I have can help out. HKaltwasser--you have a great receiver. The only downside, if you want to call it that, is that Thermolds don't fit very well; otherwise, it's fantastic.

·
Registered
76 Posts
I had a HK21 built by Mike, and I'm pretty sure it was exactly like that. Mike could tell you about the receivers. I'll have to look back and see if I still have a pic of the top before I sold it.

·
Registered
2,250 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
Thanks guys. That puts me at ease. I paid 300.00 for it and bought it to go with my other Vigin FMP parts. I have a virgin bolt group ,barrel,and trunion that I wanted to have built but wanted to make sure is was legit. It looks like it's shaped really well with square rails and allignment.

·
Registered
76 Posts
Mine was marked exactly like that on the top.

I looked back at the old pic I had. Maybe HK21man could chime in on that.

·
Registered
2,250 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I wonder if I could have the markings stamped on the magwell like the other FMP receivers ?

·
Registered
76 Posts
I wonder if the ones stamped on the top were the 21's. The stamping on the side would be a receiver for the 91's?

·
Registered
893 Posts
Thanks guys. That puts me at ease. I paid 300.00 for it and bought it to go with my other Vigin FMP parts. I have a virging bolt group ,barrel,and trunion that I wanted to have built but wanted to make sure is was legit. It looks like it's shape really well with square rails and allignment.
For $300, does he have any more?
I've also got one of these Interport receivers with the serial number on top, they would be nice for 21 builds where you have to cut the magwell off, and 922R is easier without the magazine.

·
Registered
2,250 Posts
Discussion Starter #12 (Edited)
For $300, does he have any more?
I've also got one of these Interport receivers with the serial number on top, they would be nice for 21 builds where you have to cut the magwell off, and 922R is easier without the magazine.
The 2 that I saw he had sold within an hour of each other. Give him a call, he may have more.

·
Registered
893 Posts
There are several variations of non-Pars import Portugal receivers that I've seen or found on the internets.

I have or have held in my hands the following three types:

->virgin receiver: 91AExxxx Interport, Delta UT, Portugal - marked on right side magwell (havn't seen a serial number below 200)

->virgin receiver: 91ATxxxx Interport, Delta UT, Portugal - marked on top (my serial number is under 100, and so is the OP's, so there may not have been very many of these)

->receiver with trunnion and cocking tube welded on (but welded where?): marked "FMP" on left side magwell (nice deep stamping), Inter Ordnance of America, Monroe, NC(?), made in Portugal, 308 win on right magwell (not as nice or deep), and 7.62x51, SLG95, and serial number Axxxx on the top (in nice deep markings) Note on these: I have my suspicions that these may have been welded in the US. Mine has the barrel pin hole drilled all the way through, whereas a virgin trunnion would not have that, and the cocking tube is tweaked at the end. I suspect that these may have welded in the US with surplus parts, but I have no way of knowing or confirming that (at least until I get the trunnion out).

Not seen personally, but found from various internet searches or pics I saved:

->On Gunbroker:
-Indep, Portugal, G-3, imported by CAI:

->An a pic courtesy of the VPC folks (nice of them):

Question for the experts: Where complete SLG95s imported from Portugal?
Or where they assembled here from parts?

->Don't know anything about this one, but from this thread: http://www.hkpro.com/forum/hk-clone-talk/72910-anyone-heard-g3-import-indep.html

·
Registered
2,250 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Ser.# 91ATXXXX. No markings on magwell on either side.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts