HKPRO Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Dear all,

Glad to join your forum. I am a proud new owner of HK21 manufactured by FMP. According to the receiver the gun is manufactured in 1991. As I only own a G3 earlier (and lots and lots of AKs) I have some fundamental questions which I didn't find answers with google.

*How do you attach a belt box and what does the original belt box look like? I only found pictures of some HK21E belt boxes attached to HK21 with an adapter.
*How can you attach the MG3 50rnd drum box? Probably relates to the earlier question.
*What HK21E parts fit? Stock and spring? Foregrip?
*What would be the best picatinny (NAR) sight rail?
*Also best picatinny (NAR) rail to attach lamp and laser for night? I will probably run the gun with white light, IR laser and red dot sight.
*Is HK21 owners manual and repair manual available somewhere?

That's for starters all. I will post some pictures when I have a chance to take them.

Thanks.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks. Didn't call him but sent email instead.

Eventhough HK21 is made in Europe in sure seems hard to find any information or parts here...

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I got hold of Mike via email and learned that:

*Original HK21 belt box is a big green round drum with a "L" bracket that locks in the rear Bipod slot. I think I have seen a picture of this somewhere and it sure does not look very usable.
*To attach HK21E box to HK21 I need ot get an adapter.
*Best sight rail is B&T that clamps/bolts on to the scope bumps.
*As rails I should find Coast Guard rails to mount through the shroud vent holes for lasers etc.
*As a locking piece number 17 is best (I have that one) and if I have ejection problems then number 9.
*I also should check that I FMP newest buffer not the little G3 type.

Owning an HK21 seems to be an interesting hobby.

·
Registered
1,182 Posts
The original 21 drum and hanger. It may not seem practical today but you have to remember the 21 is a design from the 60's. I'm not sure when the drums were developed. If I'm not mistaken I think the drums were strictly an FMP thing.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Hi Friends,

long time - some news about FMP HK21. I acquired some parts:

a mag adapter (this was really hard to get)
B&T sight rail
Blue Force Gear Vickers M240 sling
German military Peli case for G3SG1 to which the rifle fits nicely

I have been shooting the rifle few times and running it in tactical exercises. I have been using MG3 belts (upside down) which means that I have also installed the starter tab on "the wrong end" of MG3 belt. I have to say that HK21 is not very easy rifle to run in the field. Just the fact that you always need to start with a full belt and that you cannot open the feedsystem, makes it a bit hard. But hey - this is a hobby gun.

I would have posted pictures but my post count is too low. Will post them later then.

Next I will make some unholy solution to attach belt boxes from another MG. Will post pictures then...

1 - 9 of 9 Posts