HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey folks...

New guy from the greater Nashville, TN area here. About 15 years ago I owned a USP40 and loved the gun, but it was a bit too big for me to use as a concealed carry piece and I couldn't afford to keep more than one gun fed at the time. So, I sold her in favor of a SIG P229, which got sold for a Glock 27, which got sold for a Glock 23, and so on and so forth.

Over the past two years I've been blessed to have a job with a good enough income to buy more of the guns I've always wanted so my collection has grown but I hadn't owned another H&K since my old USP. Until now. :)

My most recent carry piece was a Smith & Wesson M&P 40c (compact) and while I hadn't experienced any of the problems with it that many M&P owners seem to be going through lately, I just didn't have the ultimate confidence in it that one should have in their carry piece. So I sold it and started looking around again. Eventually I got steered toward the P2000 .40SW LEM, held one, researched the hell out of it, and decided to rejoin the H&K family.

I'm waiting on it to arrive at my local FFL now but I've gone ahead and ordered a Comp-Tac MTAC holster, a single mag carrier, a few extra mags and a set of Meprolight night sights to round it all out. Hopefully those pieces will all arrive about the same time as the P2000 itself.

Anyway, it's good to be here and I look forward to learning from the rest of you and contributing where I can.

Oh, I also run a forum for gun owners in my home state of Tennessee. We've grown by leaps and bounds since we threw open the doors in the first months of this year. So I guess I'm a bit of a 2nd Amendment rights issues activist at heart too.

Thanks for having me!
--David

·
Registered
1,733 Posts
Welcome to the boards David. Many of us could share their experiences of just keep coming back to HK, even after being away for years.
You'll find alot of helpful info here!

:D

·
Premium Member
1,704 Posts
Welcome to the boards at HK! I hope you find your experience here enjoyable.

Happy & Safe Shooting! TJ

·
Registered
278 Posts
Welcome to the forum, I am sure that you will enjoy it.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks for the welcomes. Just two more days til my HK arrives! :43:

·
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒ&
1,921 Posts
One more welcome aboard and good choice in the pistol. I love mine except it is in 9mm (personally don't like the 40cal but you know what they say about opinions). Happy shooting:D :13:

·
Registered
35 Posts
Welcome to the board. There are a few guys here from your area. I am in the Memphis area. I lived over there for a while, miss that.

·
Registered
114 Posts
hey david, i got the hk "bug" about a year ago and havent been able to get rid of it yet. anyway welcome to the board. i also live in the nashville area, about 20 miles north in white house. what local gun shops to u frequent? where do u shoot locally? again welcome to the baord and u will learn alot here.
-Jason G

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I hope the moderators don't mind, but we'd love to have you Tennessee guys over on TNGunOwners. We're grass roots, trying to get folks thinking about how precious our carry rights are in this state. :)

We're absolutely no competition to HKPro but if the link makes someone uneasy, I'll gladly remove it.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #11 (Edited)
I picked my P2000 up on Saturday and got a chance to shoot it a few times yesterday at a local indoor range. Very nice! I think she's a keeper. :)

My Meprolight sights should be here tomorrow or Wednesday and hopefully I will receive my MTAC holster by the end of the week. Right now my Kimber Pro CDP II is seeing carry duty since I'm lacking a holster for the H&K. As soon as the MTAC arrives, the Kimber will get some well deserved time off and the P2000 will become my new daily companion more often than not.

Can't say enough good things about this handgun. I'm really pleased with it.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts