HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I already have a P2000sk for CC. Now I want one for HD AND for fun. What is your opinion; 45c or P30?

Thanks.

·
Registered
5,372 Posts
Depends what caliber you want to shoot. I have shot the HK45C a few times, and it IS superb in all areas ... its my choice/opinion

·
Registered
1,079 Posts
If you want to work with 2 calibers, go with the 45. It is an awesome gun.

The P30 will have the benefit of a little longer sight radius and one caliber to work with. Cheaper on both the pistol and ammo too.

Either way, two awesome examples
of weapon design. It's a win-win choice.

·
Registered
815 Posts
I own the 45c...and it IS sweet. But...I'm warming up to the full size HK45. I think you should strongly consider it. .45 acp, and a full, well textured grip.
If you didn't have the 2Ksk for CC...I'd say go for the 45c. But since you do...why not the full size?

·
Registered
184 Posts
I have both in LEM, great trigger system....the grip on the P30 is great. If they made the 45C with the P30 grip it would be "the" perfect 45. Can't go wrong with either.

·
Super Moderator
6,045 Posts
HK45c. Amazing pistol. Not that the P30 isn't good, but you should own at least one 45acp HK in your life.

·
Registered
419 Posts
HK45c if not the HK45. If it's not for carry, I say full size.

·
Registered
1,053 Posts
If it will never leaver the house or the range HK45. If you think you might want to carry it from time to time (winter!) HK45C.

·
Registered
3,199 Posts
HK45c. It is IMO the best handgun that HK currently offers.

·
Registered
153 Posts
I have a P2000SK, the HK45 and the HK45C.

If I had to choose between the HK45 and the HK45C for home defense, the HK45 wins hands down simply because of the longer sight radius, full size Picatinny rail and higher magazine capacity.

One can remedy the higher magazine capacity with an HK45C, sure. But not the others I mentioned.

YMMV....

·
Premium Member
5,018 Posts
P30, for magazine commonality with your P2000SK. Or better yet, shoot both and decide which you can shoot the best and can AFFORD to feed. Looks, feel, forum opinion isn't worth a damn if you can't shoot it or afford the ammo to maintain proficiency.

·
Registered
904 Posts
You guys are all wrong.
Buy them all. If you have one of each you can always just shoot what you feel like that day, and your never left wondering. They all clean up the same so nothing new to learn there either. :)

Sent from my ThunderBolt in the future - using Skynet

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Great info. Thank you very much. I have shot the P30 and the45c, but not the full-size 45. I'll shoot it and see. Thanks again.

·
Registered
195 Posts
For my #2 I am considering the P30. Already have my USP .45 although the HK45 is enticing.

1 - 20 of 34 Posts