HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
253 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Below is a copy of my reply in this thread by Big Bore:
http://www.hkpro.com/forum/hk-reference-library/40627-p2000-sk-uspc-lem-trigger-job-part-1-a.html

The reason I am putting this here is because I wander around on this forum quite a bit. And I had never came across the above thread. Someone just happened to post a link to it on another thread in this subforum.

I have never done so little, or spent so little to make such a drastic difference in a gun. I can't believe how much difference converting my P2000 from V2 to V1 has made. And I must say that adding the HK45c mag release has also made an indescribeable difference in my P2000.

It feels like I have a new gun all over. I urge anyone with a V2 LEM to try this. And as far as the mag release, I cannot imagine why the P2000 does not come this way to begin with. I realize not everyone wants or needs a light trigger. But I am pretty sure everyone needs to be able to release the magazine. Before changing the mag release mine was difficult to use, especially when releasing a full magazine.

I had never been into the HK Reference Library. Which is where this thread is located. I thought I may not be alone. So I figured I would put this here in case I'm not the only one. At this time I would like to thank Big Bore for posting this originally. He has made my P2000 new to me again.
Copied from other thread:

OK. Took me about 5 minutes or less to put the FPBS in. Don't have a scale, but I could tell a definite difference. I would guesstimate it at a little over a pound less. Then I started working on the TRS. I could not come up with a 1/16 punch anywhere. So I ended up using a small allen wrench to push out the axel pin. Which I think actually made it easier. I will get to that in a minute. I got the old out, spent (wasted) about 15 minutes trying to get the new spring back in. Gave up and drove to Advance Auto where I found a pack of assorted mini needle-nose pliers and wire cutters. They were less than $20 for the pack. In the pack was a set of long-nose pliers. I believe it said they were 3 inches long and they are very thin. Once I got back with them, I had the spring set in less than a couple minutes. And I don't even see how anybody can do this without using a vise.

I set the spring with the pliers in my left hand. Used a small screwdriver to push the spring down further with my right hand. When it was down far enough I pushed the allen wrench back in with my palm while I was still holding the spring down with the small screwdriver. Had I actually been using a punch for this part, I am not sure if it would have been short enough for me to be able to use the same hand for both.

If I had to describe the trigger now I would sum it up with "DAMN".

It's unreal how different it is. As far as the lazy return some have talked about, I don't have any in the least. The trigger will follow my finger exactly as I release it. If I allow my finger to slide off the side of the trigger, it will snap back instantly. I don't feel the trigger reset is any bit slower than it was before. There is obviously less resistance on your finger, but the trigger extends as smoothly and quickly as it did before. After reading these past 40-something pages I almost didn't put mine in for that reason. I am SO glad I did.

Between the HK45c mag release and these two spring I spent about $40. That's the best $40 I have ever spent on a firearm.

·
Registered
1,930 Posts
Awesome! Thanks for sharing budd!

·
Registered
1,277 Posts
The HK45C and P30 were very easy to convert for me. I gave up on the TRS after two separate tries of at least an hour each, and had GGI finish it when it went in for RRCDP work.

I agree, they should come this way stock.

·
Registered
76 Posts
Sounds like the vise is a good tip. I just did the conversion on my p2000sk and found the TRS to be time consuming. I too used needle nose pliers and was ultimately able to set the spring. The lighter spring had a different profile than the one that was already in the gun and this require the spring to be flexed to get to the correct position. If you are thinking about doing the conversion, I say go for it but just have a nice thin pair of needle nose pliers and I think the vise would also help as does good lighting.

The instructions you linked to gave me the confidence to do this on my own.

·
Registered
253 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
I just used a regular bench vise. I wrapped the bubble envelope that my parts came in from HKParts around my grip and tightened it up.

Once I got the right pliers mine went in easily. I'm confident I could do another in under 5 minutes total.

Basicly you are just starting the spring with the lower leg behind the trigger. As you push down on the spring, let the leg that goes against the frame settle into that slot while pushing down. As you push down with the screwdriver from the top, they will flex into position.

I wish I had seen the referenced thread above a long time ago.

·
Registered
18,641 Posts
I just used a regular bench vise. I wrapped the bubble envelope that my parts came in from HKParts around my grip and tightened it up.

Once I got the right pliers mine went in easily. I'm confident I could do another in under 5 minutes total.

Basicly you are just starting the spring with the lower leg behind the trigger. As you push down on the spring, let the leg that goes against the frame settle into that slot while pushing down. As you push down with the screwdriver from the top, they will flex into position.

I wish I had seen the referenced thread above a long time ago.
+1 with a vice. After changing the TRS on 3 HK's, I can do it in... less than 10 seconds.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts