HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
450 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have been kicking around the idea of SBR'ing my sl8/g36. right now it has a 16" barrel. I am torn between doing the "K" or the "C". i figure if im going to do it, id like to keep it around 10.5" range, so the shorter "C" may be my way to go. has anyone chopped theirs this far down? and issues with doing that? or would bumping it up to a 10.5" barrel help?

I do know the gas block and such will have to be worked on, but just wondering about reliabilty with the shorter barrel, what kind of distance ur still getting with the short barrel, ect...

Thanks in advance

·
Registered
538 Posts
I wouldn't do an in between size, the C or the K would be allot less fuss. If you shorten it in between you will be playing a guessing game on shortening the op rod and spring and gas port size to match up the length. If you go with a C gas system position and a slightly longer barrel you will just have to play with the gas port size for proper cycling. I have a C and a K , I have never really tried to take 300yd shots with the C so I can't honestly say. the K does just fine in that respect.

·
Registered
450 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
yeah, thats why I ask about the K as well.. just cause I have the dual optics now and like it. even though I like the eotech on a rail as well.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts