HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
303 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Over time, have you found to like one better than the other?

Which one shoots better for you? Or are they both just "different"?

If you did have both and consolidated to one, how long before you decide the other one wasn't necessary?

·
Premium Member
1,832 Posts
Two different categories of handguns. The MK23 is very large, so not always fun to lug around. They both shoot very well. If I could only have one it would be the USPT, but that will never be the case. I have 7 - MK23's and 7 - USPT's and need everyone :)

·
Premium Member
3,086 Posts
Two different categories of handguns. The MK23 is very large, so not always fun to lug around. They both shoot very well. If I could only have one it would be the USPT, but that will never be the case. I have 7 - MK23's and 7 - USPT's and need everyone :)
7and 7 and need every one!! Daaaaaang!! This post started my day off RIGHT!!

·
Registered
2,378 Posts
Pics or it never happened ;)

·
Premium Member
707 Posts
If I could only have one handgun in my collection it would be my MK23. Its a classic, it's highly collectible, extremely accurate, way overbuilt and will last forever. Now if it was the proverbial "end of days" I would prefer to carry around my USP Tactical (of the two you asked about) as it does everything the 23 does but in a smaller lighter package. I shoot my MK23 better than all my HKs, and you should too-it's a match grade pistol with an extremely long sight radius.

·
Registered
3,697 Posts
The USP series is so stout I imagine there is not a scenario where she would fail the user. Even as an older design she still out performs most of the competition. She simply is a marvel of engineering and execution. She is a fatal beauty in suicide black and a sexy 10 to boot, but the Mark 23 goes to 11....

·
Registered
2,777 Posts
I have both, and will keep both, but I have not even shot my USP T since acquiring my Mark 23. Also, with the KAC suppressor on the Mark, it does not get any better.

·
Premium Member
741 Posts
The USP 45 Tactical is too small...Mark 23 all the way! I don't carry either but Mark is the typical choice to bring to the range, USP tactical is redundant.

Shockwave

·
Registered
1,460 Posts
Wow! In just MARK 23s and USPTs you have 2 more than the full quota of guns that we are allowed to own here in France. The MARK 23 was my first HK. I originally planned to get a USPT as well, but with only 11 guns left in my quota, I decided that I would pass on the USPT. Obviously it's different for those in the USA who can buy as many guns as your bank account (or credit card) will allow. If I still have anything left in my quota when I have bought the guns I want the most, I think I would probably get another MARK 23 before I bought a USPT.

·
Registered
599 Posts
The USP series is so stout I imagine there is not a scenario where she would fail the user. Even as an older design she still out performs most of the competition. She simply is a marvel of engineering and execution. She is a fatal beauty in suicide black and a sexy 10 to boot, but the Mark 23 goes to 11....
ELEVEN !!!!! You continue to SLAY me my friend.....

MARK 23 for me. Thar be DRAGONS out there ! :23:

·
Registered
565 Posts
If I had to choose, Mark 23 hands down.

The only advantages to the USP45/USP45T are that it's easier to carry (and particularly to find good holsters for), it's lighter, the grip is a little smaller, and you'll have an easier time with lights. If these are priorities to you, then that's your choice.

The Mark 23:
- Recoils lighter
- Is inherently more accurate (long sight radius)
- Is probably more durable and reliable, thought the USP is no slouch
- Has more aggressive grip texture, in my experience
- Has a better trigger
- Has a better magazine release
- Suppresses better than just about any handgun ever
- Has several other subjective qualities that I think make it better
- Is more fun to shoot (again, subjective)
- Is at least 50% more badass (non-subjective fact)

·
Registered
565 Posts
If you did have both and consolidated to one, how long before you decide the other one wasn't necessary?
Well, with HK's, I've found that one doesn't really ever "consolidate to one".....the better question is which ones are your favorites that you plan to buy multiples of ;)

My Urban Grey USP45 certainly isn't going anywhere, but I'd love to add another MARK 23 to my collection (the FDE variant is on my unicorn wish list) :)

1 - 20 of 30 Posts