HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Exactly 4 weeks to the day, my Form 1 got here. I had to run to my parents house to get my barrel, run home, and I just installed it. Thought you guys might like to see the pics of the finished product.

HK USC/UMP conversion by Tactical Excellence. USC barrel cut, with UMP flange installed by Jayson Cotter at IGF. Both of their work is awesome. I highly recommend them.

·
Registered
527 Posts
Um... Shouldn't there be SBR markings on the side of the receiver?
Not if it wasnt indicated on his Form 1. If BATFE didnt tell him to do it, (my form 1's from years ago had an addendum to that effect) then he durnt need to...

·
Registered
243 Posts
excuse me, in amongst all that brass on the floor has anyone seen my tongue? :p

·
Registered
153 Posts
As i know nothing about us-gun-laws, i have to ask:

i this a semi-auto USC made to look like an UMP, or is is a USC converted to be a selective-fire UMP????

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #11

i this a semi-auto USC made to look like an UMP, or is is a USC converted to be a selective-fire UMP????

It's a semi-auto USC converted to a semi-auto UMP. The Navy lower has the original USC trigger parts in it.

Thanks everyone! I love this gun!

David

·
HKPRO PRIME MINISTER
1,292 Posts
Yes welcome to the USC / UMP fan club...

November 2006 purchase...

Attachments

·
Registered
147 Posts

They are semi-autos made to look like a UMP except for the one on the red back ground. It is a factory UMP. There are no pre 86 transferable UMPs due their age.

·
Registered
255 Posts
regarding marking:
boy, you are off base with this. The Form 1 application process isn't a one-stop
shopping source for all associated legalities. The requirement to mark is clearly
codified in the Code of Regulations.

small note:
the storage of the short barrel at your parents' house.....if you have key to
their house and had coming and going access, then technically, that would have
been verboton, prior to the F1 approval. people think that if you separate the
parts ..... or locate them in different places, that precludes the possession
possibilities. but if you have no easy access, then you're fine. case laws cited
on Bardwell site.

....congratulations!....very nice toy!

·
Registered
114 Posts
Congrats!!! USC's look soo much better with a UMP conversion done to them. What was the approx cost for just the conversion not including the rifles price? Did you buy the parts seperate of did the company who did the conversion supply them.
-Jason G

·
Registered
2,784 Posts
Raymond- is correct. That SBR MUST be marked with the makers name, city, and state in a "conspicuous location" which means it must be visible to an inspector without removing parts to see it (it can be marked on top of the receiver though and under a scope mount but not under a grip or forend. The reason is the rifle does not have a scope or base on it as sold new, so marking anywhere it can been seen on a stock rifle is OK, I also have an e-mail on that). That is a fact and anyone who does not believe it and follow the rules can be looking at a serious fine, confiscation, and even jail time.
Right at the top of this very forum is a post about what the ATFE has said about the topic. I have letters (not just e-mails) from the ATFE also regarding this topic and they are adamant about it, the maker of the SBR MUST mark it with name (no abbreviations other than middle initial), city, and state.
If you do not have it done, you had better get it done. If for some reason the ATFE inspected your SBR and it is not marked, and you have an inspector that is up on the law (sad to say but many are not) then you could be in for some serious legal problems and the loss of your firearm.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts