HKPRO Forums banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Need the boards vast knowledge! I am about to send in a Form 4 on a DLO box and have a few questions. I am not sure what to put on the "Caliber, gauge, or size" or the Model #. I know the dealer will probably know these questions but I had friend who's dealer botched his form 4 twice before getting it right and I just want to make sure to get this right the first time!

Thanks in advance for the help!

·
Merchant of Death (Admin)
12,130 Posts
My advice to is to ask the current owner if you can see the current Form and have yours look identical in each of the boxes.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks everyone for the info. Just trying to get all the knowledge I can before hand.

Straightgrain - That certainly is what I'm going to do but I am using a new dealer to handle my transfer this time and just wanted to make sure I knew up front some answers to some otherwise confusing questions. I haven't seen much info on the transfers of the trigger packs so I was wanting a little schooling.

·
12,130 Posts
I understand wanting to get ahead of the game. That said... There is always the possibility that some information is wrong on the current Form. And despite your desire to get things right and "help out," it will absolutely cause a delay in processing. Wait until the item arrives and then have a look at the form and copy the details precisely.

·
Registered
3,468 Posts
I understand wanting to get ahead of the game. That said... There is always the possibility that some information is wrong on the current Form. And despite your desire to get things right and "help out," it will absolutely cause a delay in processing. Wait until the item arrives and then have a look at the form and copy the details precisely.
+1

Scott

·
Premium Member
707 Posts
You can always send in a correction request letter once the item is transferred and in your possession.
I do this on my stuff when other dealers put the wrong barrel length or use a product code instead of the model of the weapon.

I like to have my stuff in order, but wait until it is transferred into my books before I request changes.

·
Registered
212 Posts
At the risk of "piling on" here's another example. Dittos on using the info on previous F4. Transfer chain on this one is MFR -> Dealer -> Me (in progress). Congrats on the acquisition!!

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Thanks guys for all your input.

Now I am glad I asked about this. Got to the dealer this morning and even though the form he received stated N/A in the caliber section, he told me we should be more specific. I told him to copy it exactly as it was from DLO and he did. If not from the advise from you guys, I wouldn't have known any better and let him.

·
12,130 Posts
Well played. As this thread points out, get the thing transferred and then correct the data. Keep a copy of the letter that you send off with the approved Form 4 and any correspondence that you receive from ATF on the issue... Oh, and buy lots of ammo. These things are very hungry...

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Mine also stated A/C as model #. I asked the dealer what he thought it meant and he had no clue. I see Nuge's above say's M58. Maybe Shattered can enlighten us since he is pals with Mr. Oefinger and knows quite a bit about these trigger boxes!

·
Registered
414 Posts
U just saved your self a few month
Or could have limited your box to specific caliber
Nice save

Now I am glad I asked about this. Got to the dealer this morning and even though the form he received stated N/A in the caliber section, he told me we should be more specific. I told him to copy it exactly as it was from DLO and he did. If not from the advise from you guys, I wouldn't have known any better and let him.

·
Registered
10,275 Posts

Good for you ... yer payin' attention. yeah... you ALWAYS just duplicate the info on the original, prior form. Deviating from that usually results in your Form being shoved to the side as questionable and will require a phone call for more information... which won't get done usually until the next day. I don't know what Doug is putting on the Form 4s for "model"... and Doug is out for the next 4-5 days and unavailable. So we're not finding that out until the middle of next week.

·
Registered
10,275 Posts
You can always send in a correction request letter once the item is transferred and in your possession.
I do this on my stuff when other dealers put the wrong barrel length or use a product code instead of the model of the weapon.

I like to have my stuff in order, but wait until it is transferred into my books before I request changes.
We call them addendum letters, but they will change nothing on your original Form 4. You just keep your "reply letter" with the Form. Changes, if any will show up on the next transfer... like when you sell it to somebody else or pay $200 clams and transfer it to your trust. THEN you'll see the changes yourself and get to experience the "warm fuzzys" for having a corrected Form.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts