HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
225 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I saw and got to handle the following firearms:

HK-416 (at least 4, in various barrel lengths and optics)

HK-417 (appeared to be a 20-inch or so version w/ optic I didn't get the model of)

HK-USMC M27 Infantry Automatic Rifle (some Marines were there.....word from the USMC is that the Marines want MORE!!!)

HK-MR556 (no optics)

HK-G36C w/ KAC RAC and optic

HK-MP7A1 PDW

HK- MP5K PDW (bare)

HK-320 GL

HK-45
HK-45C Tactical (as shipped to Crane, IN....he would NOT state who is getting them....but I have a pretty good idea who is...)
HK-30 in 9mm (?)
HK-30L in .40 S&W, this one had LEM trigger.....VERY nice!!!

I asked the HK reps:

Why is the MR556 and MR762 SOOOO expensive?
A: Everything BUT the lower receiver is Made in Germany. Even the barrel is made in Germany, and cold hammer-forged (HK will not compromise on this...and most expensive part) just final turned in the USA. The rifling is done in Germany. All the innards and the upper is Made in Germany.

What is the status of USP?
A: Still in production. High demand, due to it is the only pistol HK makes with a variety of variants and able to swap around.
As for say the HK-45 and HK-30, everything but the lower is made Germany. Lower/polymer frame is molded in the USA, on HK tooling.

I did hear comments from the reps to the effect: "Everyone wants to see an HK-MP5.....HK is pushing the UMP, but still makes the MP5 due to high demand..."

If anyone else went, and I made a mistake on the above, or can chime in better....please do so.

PS: the ONLY goodies HK was giving away was their catalog...nothing else (i.e. decals, hats, t-shirts, etc).

·
Registered
896 Posts

·
Registered
1,791 Posts
I will say it that's pretty cool, you got to do whateveryonewants tdo do.

·
Teufelshund Tactical
7,376 Posts
I saw and got to handle the following firearms:

HK-416 (at least 4, in various barrel lengths and optics)

HK-417 (appeared to be a 20-inch or so version w/ optic I didn't get the model of)

HK-USMC M27 Infantry Automatic Rifle (some Marines were there.....word from the USMC is that the Marines want MORE!!!)

HK-MR556 (no optics)

HK-G36C w/ KAC RAC and optic

HK-MP7A1 PDW

HK- MP5K PDW (bare)

HK-320 GL

HK-45
HK-45C Tactical (as shipped to Crane, IN....he would NOT state who is getting them....but I have a pretty good idea who is...)
HK-30 in 9mm (?)
HK-30L in .40 S&W, this one had LEM trigger.....VERY nice!!!

I asked the HK reps:

Why is the MR556 and MR762 SOOOO expensive?
A: Everything BUT the lower receiver is Made in Germany. Even the barrel is made in Germany, and cold hammer-forged (HK will not compromise on this...and most expensive part) just final turned in the USA. The rifling is done in Germany. All the innards and the upper is Made in Germany.

What is the status of USP?
A: Still in production. High demand, due to it is the only pistol HK makes with a variety of variants and able to swap around.
As for say the HK-45 and HK-30, everything but the lower is made Germany. Lower/polymer frame is molded in the USA, on HK tooling.

I did hear comments from the reps to the effect: "Everyone wants to see an HK-MP5.....HK is pushing the UMP, but still makes the MP5 due to high demand..."

If anyone else went, and I made a mistake on the above, or can chime in better....please do so.

PS: the ONLY goodies HK was giving away was their catalog...nothing else (i.e. decals, hats, t-shirts, etc).
You must have been standing right next to me while I was talking to Dale and Barry. Great guys.

·
Teufelshund Tactical
7,376 Posts
How does the MR556 and M27 IAR compare when directly next to each other?
The M27 is really just a 416 with the longer hand guard (2 inches) and a bayonet lug. Everything else (scope, bipod, vertical grip, rail covers, sling) can be added to any other of the platform. What really separates it is the USMC specific marking and serial number and the absence of the warning label on the front of the mag well.
As for differences from the MR556, just take everything from above and add it to what makes the MR556 different from the 416.

·
Registered
1,167 Posts
What's cool is that they were on their way back from doing a memorial ride for Extortion 17. It's very cool to see these companies support our troops.

·
Registered
1,588 Posts
A marine buddy of mine was part of a group sent to mississippi a while back to test the m27's. He said it was accurate as all hell, and ran like a sewing machine. LOTS of ammo was put through them from what I understand, and he said they were really rough with them. Other than purposefully causing a malfunction, they were 100% even after an a$$ kicking

He is now a vet, but wishes he had the m27 instead of that piece of weightlifting equipment known as the m249. But you simply cannot deny the fact that a saw is better at VOA cover fire.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts