HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I found a P7 for $700. I have read a little bit about them and have found that they vary is price whether it is a P7 psp or a P7M8. I know that the m8 version is a little more sought after, so is the p7 worth the asked price of $700 or should I hold out for an m8 version? And, is the P7 automatically a psp version if it has no M8 marking on the grip and slide? I will be meeting the guy tomorrow to take a look at it. Thanks in advance for the info from those with more HK knowledge than I.

·
Registered
62 Posts
The P7M8 has some changes from the PSP. Most notably is the magazine release moved (from bottom of magazine well) to the rear of the trigger guard area like all present HK's. There is also a heat shield and other minor changes. Many like the PSP better then the M8, M13 or other versions. It is more a personal choice. The heel mag release can be used quickly with a little practice but not as quickly as the M8. The three most important things when buying is condition, condition, condition. Check Gunbroker for P7's and P7M8's to get an idea of conditions and prices. GB will have the most P7's for sale. Good luck.

·
Registered
19 Posts
If there isn't a lot of exterior wear, and all the mechanical parts/internals are in good working order then go for it. A little holster wear never hurt anyone, and for this price I'd say you're getting a deal. Also try to make sure that the package come with the take down tool and all the other little knick-knacks that should be included in the box.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
If there isn't a lot of exterior wear, and all the mechanical parts/internals are in good working order then go for it. A little holster wear never hurt anyone, and for this price I'd say you're getting a deal. Also try to make sure that the package come with the take down tool and all the other little knick-knacks that should be included in the box.
It has the tool, what else should it have?

·
Registered
19 Posts
It has the tool, what else should it have?
If i'm not mistaken, i believe that there should be a cleaning brush, take down tool, and an owner's manual. I think that these also tended to come with two magazines total. I've had friends get theirs with other after-market pieces in the box, mostly cleaning supplies like scrapers and such, but these were strictly bonuses.

·
Registered
3,271 Posts
The real bonus is all that stuff plus the original test target. :wink:

$700 seems to be the going rate for a clean P7 NDS trade in. Watch for pitting.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts