HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,

I am the proud new owner of a P30. I found this pistol sitting on the used rack at my local gun store. The tag was marked 'used but unfired'. It looks brand new. The barrel shows zero wear, the magazines are unscuffed, etc. The case had all accessories in it and still had the little white dessicant pack. I picked it up for $675 otd. I think I did ok on this transaction.

The real reason for the post is I am wondering if there are any known problems with this new model? The serial number is in the 26XX range. I just can't figure out why someone would dump such a beautiful weapon. I purchased a 229 9mm non rail in the same type of condition for $500 about a month ago from the same place.

Sorry for the long post, I just want to know what to watch out for (if anything). I love how the P30 fits my hand and I can't wait to shoot it. My P2000 LEM has a buddy now!

Wayne

·
Requiescat in Pace
2,393 Posts
You should go back to that store more often!

Congrats on the excellent purchase!

·
Registered
3,199 Posts
Congratulations on an amazing deal! There are no problems with the P30. Buy a bunch of ammo and take her to the range!

·
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒ&
1,921 Posts
You should go back to that store more often!

Congrats on the excellent purchase!

+1 nothing wrong with any of the pistols that I have heard of. Someone just let the gun store have it way too cheap and you cashed in on the savings.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Found mine the same way (used, but new) and in the same un-fired condition.

Seems a guy had a chance to buy two so he bought one thinking his brother was going to "buy" it from him ----his brother stiffed him and it ended up in the used counter........ not quite as good a deal I was about $725.00 otd......

·
Registered
216 Posts
We used to have a guy come to a gun store I worked at. He would buy a gun at retail, shoot it for a day, then return it a day or two later for us to by it back. He took a HUGE loss every time because we paid 1/2 of wholesale for used guns. He paid $1,100 for a P7M8 one time, and our owner offered him $450.00 a few days later. I told him to meet me after work and gave him $500.00 for it and transfered it to me at another shop. He thought I was doing him a favor, and that is how built half of my collection.

There are some strange folks out there....(I know because I have done that before- I have bought and sold a Glock 23 at least 6 times

·
Registered
106 Posts
Some people buy it because they get the jitters and very excited, then they get home and find out they just really don't like it in their hand.

Or their wife saw the bill. ;)

1 - 11 of 11 Posts