HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Have any of you guys ever installed one in your SP5K or MP5 if so how hard was it to install and are you happy with it? I watched all the YouTube videos in Googled everything I could find on it and it seems like some guys are happy with it and some guys are not so I figured I would come right to the source.
Thanks
Mike

·
Registered
80 Posts
I have one that I swap components out between a 91, 93, and a handful of 94s/Clones. It takes a bit of cadence to get used to it. The trigger itself is surprisingly nice.

It is fun to run fast RPM, but I certainly don't use the binary action all gung ho every time. It's fun for the camera and it's there if one needs it.

https://hkparts.net/product/bfsiii-hk-c1-franklin-binary-0-1-2-trigger-group-p18533.htm

I purchased the assembled-by-order from hkparts. It's not that difficult to do it yourself though.

Slav

Reactions: Glocking26

·
Premium Member
1,372 Posts
I have one in SP5k, and another in my HK91.

They are good to go. Takes a bit of getting used to if you are accustomed to riding the reset and doing normal double-taps. That actually hinders you with a binary trigger. It's just a different feel. Can be fun.

I rarely use it to just mag dump, but its pretty easy to do 4-round bursts, and I find it more controllable and accurate than real full-auto because I can get my sights back towards where I want before I release the trigger. Basically, since I can control the cadence I can group the shots better while still going quite fast.

·
Registered
3,271 Posts
Have any of you guys ever installed one in your SP5K or MP5 if so how hard was it to install and are you happy with it? I watched all the YouTube videos in Googled everything I could find on it and it seems like some guys are happy with it and some guys are not so I figured I would come right to the source.
Thanks
Mike
Sure is a quick way to get 2/3 of the way to 922R compliance :wink:. Not sure HKParts has the best price on that.

·
Registered
2,857 Posts
Thanks
Mike
I have one I use for when I shoot steel matches as I like the shorter trigger pull and it breaks clean in standard SA over the standard HK trigger. I have also been able to better my times in matches when using it on stages where double taps are called for.

Its a purpose built trigger, and if your goal is a better SA trigger pull or more match specific like me then I would say its great, but I dont think if I would buy it for burning up copious amounts of ammo.

·
Premium Member
179 Posts
I had it originally in an ambi trigger housing for my SP5K and had lots of FTF problems. Did some research and saw that it was designed for SEF housing (although a lot of people didn’t have any problems using it in an ambi-housing). The BFSIII selector hole definitely looks like there is a lot of play in the ambi. I ended up switching the pack to an SEF housing and it runs great. Interestingly, I saw recently that someone had made a gasket for a better fit in the ambi.

Just some additional consideration when you do finally get one.

·
HK= NFG 4 the Wallet
1,195 Posts
I had it originally in an ambi trigger housing for my SP5K and had lots of FTF problems. Did some research and saw that it was designed for SEF housing (although a lot of people didn’t have any problems using it in an ambi-housing). The BFSIII selector hole definitely looks like there is a lot of play in the ambi. I ended up switching the pack to an SEF housing and it runs great. Interestingly, I saw recently that someone had made a gasket for a better fit in the ambi.

They are 3D printed. The file can be found on Thingiverse.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #13

Thank you for that information that help me make my decision. I’m going to pass on purchasing one since I have full auto’s it doesn’t make much sense plus with the cost of ammo right now I’m not even shooting them.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts