HKPRO Forums banner

281 - 300 of 316 Posts

·
Registered
18,647 Posts
Discussion Starter #281
Worked on a member's unique pistol this afternoon. It went from a Desert Tan USP 45 Custom Combat with a threaded barrel and Novak fiber-optic sights in V1 (DA/SA) setup to a Match LEM Hybrid Trigger setup with Trijicon HD sights.

Thanks for trusting me and letting me work on your pistol, Jon.

·
Registered
18,647 Posts
Discussion Starter #283
Installed a set of Speed Sights from Advanced Design on a member's VP9. This is not my first time installing these sights but is my first set that runs into an issue: the front sight dovetail is too small so it is so loose that I can slide it in and out of the slide dovetail with no force. They sent me a new front sight and it is still loose. I had to use the stainless steel shim strip that they supplied with the new front sight to mount it properly.

I'll let the pics do the talking.

·
Registered
243 Posts
I would like to take you up on the free sight installation service on my VP9. Can you contact me with how to proceed? Thanks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
23 Posts
Have you had any issues installing Trijicon HD and/or HD XR front and rear sights on a P30SK? Researching new sights.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
18,647 Posts
Discussion Starter #286
Have you had any issues installing Trijicon HD and/or HD XR front and rear sights on a P30SK? Researching new sights.
I've done many of those sets on the P30 and VP9 series. The XR front sight post is a bit thinner but no issues.

·
Registered
134 Posts
Installed a set of Speed Sights from Advanced Design on a member's VP9. This is not my first time installing these sights but is my first set that runs into an issue: the front sight dovetail is too small so it is so loose that I can slide it in and out of the slide dovetail with no force. They sent me a new front sight and it is still loose. I had to use the stainless steel shim strip that they supplied with the new front sight to mount it properly.

I'll let the pics do the talking.

I want to thank TooSixy for his generosity of time and effort in installing my sights. He's a true class act and a credit to the forum. The installation looks perfect. Now it's time to test 'em out.

Thanks again!

·
Registered
72 Posts
Another shout out for TooSixy and his sight installation service. He did a fantastic job on my P2000sk adding Trijicon HD sights. Thanks again

·
Registered
224 Posts
@TooSixy
Question. I had trijicon hd xr installed on my p30sk and had planned on using my now removed mepro Tru dots NS and place them on my P30L replacing the standard luminous sights.

I only had the xr installed b/c the armorer mentioned there is a high chance the mepro will be loose on the P30L. I would assume no one wants to turn down business, so are my meps pretty much now useless?

Is there a way to get meps on my P30L and have it stay on.. At least "60% of the time, it'll stays on everytime."

Sent from my GM1915 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
243 Posts
Better late than never shout out for night sight install on my vp9. Thank you for the service!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Registered
18,647 Posts
Discussion Starter #291
@TooSixy
Question. I had trijicon hd xr installed on my p30sk and had planned on using my now removed mepro Tru dots NS and place them on my P30L replacing the standard luminous sights.

I only had the xr installed b/c the armorer mentioned there is a high chance the mepro will be loose on the P30L. I would assume no one wants to turn down business, so are my meps pretty much now useless?

Is there a way to get meps on my P30L and have it stay on.. At least "60% of the time, it'll stays on everytime."

Sent from my GM1915 using Tapatalk
The base of those Mep sights are hollow. There is a little protrusion on the bottom of the sight that can be enlarged to make it stay tight in the dovetail. So the answer is, yes, the Meps can still be installed on your P30L. I would use some Blue Loktite to make sure they stay on.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Hello Twisixy, I am a new member here and would like to pay for your service. Do you sell sights as well? I have an incoming SS USP with very dim sights (pistol is used) and would like to replace the sights. I’d rather use someone I know will do a nice job without damaging the slide finish.

·
Registered
18,647 Posts
Discussion Starter #293
Hello Twisixy, I am a new member here and would like to pay for your service. Do you sell sights as well? I have an incoming SS USP with very dim sights (pistol is used) and would like to replace the sights. I’d rather use someone I know will do a nice job without damaging the slide finish.
Please PM me.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Wait... All I saw was free sight. I want a free sight? Anyone with a free sight, haha :65:

·
Registered
18,647 Posts
Discussion Starter #300 (Edited)
I've just received the below PM from brand-new member (who has just joined the forum) who wants to take advantage of my free sight offer. His message sounded like I owed him a favor instead of the other way around. Courteous and polite are two words that some people seem to be lacking in their vocabulary these days.

My answer to him was, "..... Be professional".

281 - 300 of 316 Posts