1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Banned
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
3,666 Posts
Their prices for new stuff is pretty good. Not the best, but the reoladed stuff is a good price. Personally, I'd be reluctant to shoot reloads through my expensive HK guns. I'm not saying reloading is bad, but if I don't know who reloaded them... well. I'm sure one day I'll give it a try.

·
Registered
1,785 Posts

·
Banned
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Does anybody know how many .45 acp cases are in a pound??? im trying to work out the math.....

However it sounds like it ain worth it Pay $15 in shipping for $25 off your next order! LOL

·
Registered
1,342 Posts
In my experience ammo is just one of those things you don't want to cut corners or take chances on. I would find a way to get a 100 or so rounds of the brand and see how if it runs ok. That way your not left with a case of worthless crap.

·
Registered
596 Posts
I've run several hundred rounds of their .40 and .45 remfg ammo so far with zero issues. In fact, seems like higher quality powders than WWB, etc.
Given what their business is, and that this isn't what i consider "reloaded" in a traditional sense, but "remanufactured"... basically meaning that it's "factory" ammo, using inspected pre-fired brass, I have no concerns about it.

It's what my HK's will be eating for the foreseeable future. I have another 1000 rounds of 9mm subs on order.

·
Banned
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I've run several hundred rounds of their .40 and .45 remfg ammo so far with zero issues. In fact, seems like higher quality powders than WWB, etc.
Given what their business is, and that this isn't what i consider "reloaded" in a traditional sense, but "remanufactured"... basically meaning that it's "factory" ammo, using inspected pre-fired brass, I have no concerns about it.

It's what my HK's will be eating for the foreseeable future. I have another 1000 rounds of 9mm subs on order.

that is very helpful thank you...

What are your thoughts on the blemish bullets?

·
Banned
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I was doing the math of the shipping costs for their bullets and this is what I came up with: (This only applies to .45 acp but the relation should be about the same)

All are Fed Ex options (UPS more expensive)

one Box of 50 19.5 cents per bullet

one box of 250 5.4 cents per bullet

One box of 500 4.01 cents per bullet

One box of 1000 3.2 cents per bullet

Two boxes of 1000 2.73 cents per bullet

Three boxes of 1000 2.46 cents per bullet

·
Premium Member
126 Posts
Can everybody clarify what firearm they are shooting the ammo in and wether it was in semi or full.

·
Registered
160 Posts
I just ran 100 Rds. of 40S&W thru two of my pistols 50 each thru my 229 and 50 thru my FNP40 no misfires fte's failure to load or anything. ran 100 rounds of their 9 new manuf. thru a couple of my other pistols and had no problems with them either.

·
Registered
1997 USP 9mm Full Size, too many upgrades to list.
610 Posts
Thanks for posting this up. When I'm ready to restock on ammo I'll definitely give them a try.

-Sean

Typoed on my iPhone.

·
Premium Member
1,430 Posts
I've used both their .45 acp and the 5.56 new and accidentally ordered reman by mistake and have had zero issues with either. Shipping is always prompt too. They even sent me a "Zombie Approved" sticker!

·
Registered
1,234 Posts
If you want some quality ammo to buy in bulk look up Atlanta Arms and Ammo. They sell both new and remanufactured brass ammo. If you want to buy in bulk (3-5K+), they will work with you on price, IIRC.

·
Registered
1,930 Posts
Never heard of them. Seems well priced and searched around and people seem to like it. Might have to give it a try!

·
Banned
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
If you want some quality ammo to buy in bulk look up Atlanta Arms and Ammo. They sell both new and remanufactured brass ammo. If you want to buy in bulk (3-5K+), they will work with you on price, IIRC.
I gotta look into it more but 735 FPS seems really cold for a .45 acp....

Like I thought standard spec for .45 acp was 860 FPS????

·
Registered
1,234 Posts
I gotta look into it more but 735 FPS seems really cold for a .45 acp....

Like I thought standard spec for .45 acp was 860 FPS????
They cater to the competition crowd where Power Factor is needed. Minor is over 125, major is over 165. Power Factor= (Weight (in grains) X Velocity (f/s))/1000. That 735 is 169 PF (little fudge factor for different conditions). I loaded my 45 for by HK45/C to 750 f/s and it was a really nice soft shooting load. I'll bet it would run, but would suggest getting a box first to try.

Their reputation is top notch in the competition community and they sponsor a lot of top shooters including the HK shooting team, I believe.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts