HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I sold my Mark 23 here a few months ago. I loved the gun and the grip size was great for me, just blocky. The gun was just too massive overall. It seemed comical, really, when I held it.

I picked up an HK45 yesterday and have only put 100 rounds through it, but, here's a report.

I like the "styling" and the grip angle is nice but the grip does feel too "small" in my hand. I'm going to swap the backstrap to see if that makes a "feel" difference.

There's red paint/marking on top of the extractor. I guess that's so you can tell instantly if it's stuck out??

Significantly more recoil compared with the 23 using the same ammo. I would imagine it's partially because the HK45 is about half a pound lighter. Same thing with muzzle jump... much more with the new gun.

The only little thing I don't care for yet is the safety/decocker. It's made of polymer or plastic (at least the thumb part is) and when I use it as a decocker it feels like I could just snap it off. I doubt I can of course, but still. Maybe someone will machine some metal ones at some point. :)

Accuracy... the lack of accuracy certainly isn't the gun's fault. ;) I did shoot the 23 better though. More practice is needed I'm sure.

Woody

·
Registered
849 Posts
The red on top of the extractor is your "chamber loaded" indicator (i.e. if a sliver of red is showing, you have a round chambered).

the decocker is the same as the USP (just a tad bit slimmer), and personally, I like it slimmer because it helps slim the gun down further...IMO.

·
Registered
36 Posts
I'm surprised that you did not start off with a USP Tactical in 45; I bought one right after my Mk23 and it did just about everything the Mk23 did except it was smaller and weighed less. The Tactical's are awesome. The H&K45 could be a better carry gun(perhaps)but I think that's about it. Although I'm still planning on getting one; or 2....

·
Registered
242 Posts
I had a MK23 a few years back. It was too blocky for me. Just a big gun for what it was IMO, and have owned various USP's as well. I was incorrect in another thread when I stated that the large backstrap was too large for me and that I switched to the medium sized one. The medium was already installed, and I switched to the small size backstrap. Fit's my hand like a glove. As far as the decocker, mine is tight, and feel's quite secure. Nothing that would concern me about breaking it off.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts