HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
166 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello Everyone,
I have had a Taurus 669 in .357 for the last 20+ years. This weekend I made the fortunate mistake of handling the HK P30s-V3 in .40 cal and I simply had to have it. I was actually in the market for a Glock 23 and really more interested in a Sig 229. I do not even have the P30 yet, get it Friday, and let me tell you. I have tasted the coolaid and it is awesome.
I have read just about every post for a P30 on this site as well as on others. I am both impressed and overwhelmed at the positive reviews and the great information on this pistol. This forum is the best and thank all of you that contribute.
Needless to say I cannot wait to get to the range on Saturday and send a couple hundred through it. I will be taking some training as well in order to learn the DA/SA. I feel like Friday is Prom night and I cant wait. I'm sure I'll get lucky!!!!

·
Registered
18,641 Posts
Welcome to the forum and congrats on the P30 purchase. I think P30's are awesome, no matter what caliber they're in. I have 6 myself.

·
Registered
166 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thank You! I am already looking at a P30 9 mil for my wife. She is taking the CC in two weeks. My 10 year old daughter put 150+ thru her Rem 514 YC .22 yesterday. She just completed gun safety last week. I'm thinking HK's for everyone!!!

·
Registered
783 Posts
Congrats! I made the transition from a revolver (Colt Python) to a 1911... needless to say I should have made that jump to an HK instead! When I got the 1911 (which at the time represented semi-autos to me), I said to myself "this is exactly why I like wheel guns". Now I'm a semi-auto guy... but an HK semi auto guy. Congrats on the amazing P30. Post pics when you get her. I'd love to shoot one myself.. haven't had the privilege yet. But there's not a doubt in my mind they live up to the HK name.

·
Registered
1,473 Posts
I had a Glock 23 and tried out a USPc .40 and loved it and traded in the Glock soon after!
You won't regret it, just practice, practice, practice!

·
Registered
9 Posts
Welcome to the HK family. I just joined by getting my first of many hk's in 9mm Monday(p30). Makes me so happy to hold it, near perfect creation. Haven't shot mine yet still too cold in Iowa -5 or so today. Just poppin snap caps now. Can't believe I finally am part of the HK club. Congrats and enjoy.

·
Registered
387 Posts
I got the P30LS(V1) in 40 cal, and it is still my first choice at the range. After shooting for about 50 years, I'm impressed with the fit, function and accuracy of this weapon. I have had no failure to feed, fire or eject after a "few" hundred rounds and can't say that about any other auto-loader. I still think that shooing with the .22 is the way to go for warming up on a practice session, but the 40 is a great weapon to carry, practice with and hold. "Teach your children well." Best, tim

·
Registered
166 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I took my new P30s- V3 .40 to the range today and I am in love. Put 100 Winchester 180 FMJ through it to "warm her up" and then shot a box of Gold Sabre 165gr. There are two issues that I am uncomfortable with though and probably have to do with my inexperience with the pistol. Or not. First, the sights. Not really the quickest to aquire, hard for me to maintain point of impact. Dead on hold?? We'll see. Second, The trigger. Not at all what I had expected in the difference of DA and SA. This will get better with practice. I don't want a trigger job or use that as an excuse. I don't have the range time to even consider any mods yet. practice, practice, practice!!!!
BTW...my novice shooter wife was clearing out the bullseye at short range- 5 yards. I am very pleased with my HK and can't wait to return to the range. Snap Capping in the meantime
Some specific info on lubrication would be appreciated. Where, What, how much etc.

·
Registered
972 Posts
I imagine you can get aftermarket sights for your P30 and even get a trigger job done if needed. I have extensively shot the USP compact .40 and it was by far the most accurate pistol I've shot other than my custom 1911's and wheel guns. However for me personally, I chose a Glock in 9mm to go with some of my Hi Powers, which are my favorite semi-auto's.

·
Registered
166 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Went to the gun show today with the Mrs. and guess what she bought? Thats right, a P30S-V3 in 9mm. Now we have matching pistols, Mine in .40 cal. This HK stuff is a sickness but I love it!! HK's for everyone!!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts