HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
You know, I'm probably splitting hairs here, but I have to admit that ONLY thing that even remotely annoys me just a little teeny bit about my USP 45 Tac is the "blocky" checkering pattern on the front and back straps. It's the same thing that bothers me about GLOCKs too.

The feel of the grip-tape simulated "stippling" on the sides of the grip, which is also used on the front and back straps of the P2000 feels WAY better.

Can this be modified at all? Can you like fill in all the gaps with black epoxy and sand it down or something?

Just curious... you guys probably think I'm crazy or whatever, but I'm a much bigger fan of the friendlier feeling grip that I have on my P2000.

·
Registered
206 Posts
I'm thinking the only thing that could be done is to send it off for s stippling job or just file down the aggressive checkering yourself.

I think I'm in the minority that likes the aggressive front and back checkering, I feel like I get a much tighter grip....especially if I'm sweating.

·
2,831 Posts
or can use a Houge(or similar) Handall, all my USP's have them, the backstrap checkering bother my as well(guess my hands have gotten soft)

there is a new handall type dealy out, by I forget who but it looked great, ment for power tools....anyone remember what I am thinking about?

·
Registered
802 Posts
Just wrap grip tape around the front and back. You can also fill up the checkering with epoxy, then go after it with a soldering iron to create stippling.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·

Thanks for the info!

I've contacted this gentleman: www.wendelltacticalconcepts.com

His work looks VERY good compared to others I've seen. I contacted him and he said he has done lots of work on USP frames.

Has anyone heard of this guy before?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts