HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm trying to set up a regular USP9 like a Custom Combat, but I don't want the fiber-optic front sight. If I want to use a plain black sight, what height should I order to give me an accurate 6-o'clock POA/POI? I see everything from 6.0mm to 7.2mm. This will be used with the Novak rear sight that the Custom Combats ship with.

·
Registered
18,641 Posts
I know the standard front sight for USP full-size is 7.2mm. But I am not sure the height of the Novak fiber-top front sight. Perhaps something shorter than 7.2mm?

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I know the standard front sight for USP full-size is 7.2mm. But I am not sure the height of the Novak fiber-top front sight. Perhaps something shorter than 7.2mm?
I would assume (and that's what usually gets me in trouble) that the FO sight would be the same height.. my concern is that using a sight with the same height will force me to "drive the dots" to get a correct POI. Maybe one step down in height to raise the muzzle slightly?

·
Registered
1,636 Posts
Sounds like the perfect question to call up and ask H&K customer service before you go spending good coin on possible guesswork. They're good, knowledgable people.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I'm trying to set up a regular USP9 like a Custom Combat, but I don't want the fiber-optic front sight. If I want to use a plain black sight, what height should I order to give me an accurate 6-o'clock POA/POI? I see everything from 6.0mm to 7.2mm. This will be used with the Novak rear sight that the Custom Combats ship with.
I would also like to know this as well. I actually tried to call hk but they are closed. I also just read that the front sight on usp full size is 6.8mm (.267")

·
Premium Member
2,983 Posts
Resurrecting from the dead because I am trying to do the same thing, except I want a Novak rear with a gold bead front. Who out there has a Custom Combat sight setup and a pair of digital calipers? I'm very curious to know the height of the Novak rear and fiber optic front from the top of the slide. If you don't have digital calipers, can you comment on if they are taller or shorter than the Heinie Straight-8s, just as a comparison? Thanks!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts