HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
210 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
First, pardon my lack of knowledge if what I am about to ask is a "stupid" question. I tried the search function but did not pull up anything.

I know this would be easier with a picture, but I do not have my camera with me, so please use your imagination.

I had Mepros installed on my HK45C. I picked it up a couple weeks ago and have even shot it, and everything seemed to be fine. I am no marksman, and I know the pistol is more accurate than me, so I do not know if I would have noticed if something was a little off anyway. Back to the question, when I was holstering, reholstering in my new carry rig today, I noticed that the front sight had a bit of "space" underneath it. Not the part that the actual "dot" sits in, but the base that fits into the slide. I held it up to the light and could see completely through between the sight and the slide. It was not like I could throw a rock through it or anything, but I never noticed it before. Is this normal? I will try to post pics when I get home.

Thanks, and again, pardon my lack of knowledge.

PS
I looked at my P2000, and noticed a space that seemed to be a little smaller. However, this too has Mepros and was installed by the same guy so I thought it was not a good reference.

·
Registered
363 Posts
I have had both Meprolights and Trijicons installed on two different USP .40's in the past month and both have a small "gap" under the front sight. I was told by the gunsmith that this was normal. I would also like to know if anyone else has had this experience??

·
Registered
18,641 Posts
That's normal. I have Meps on my P30s, HK45s, and HK45Cs and they all have a tiny gap between the slide and base of front sights. Don't sweat it.

·
Registered
410 Posts
even with my stock USP tactical sights it had a gap, even in the adjustable rear sight part. on my mepros, just the same. its normal. i think, otherwise you would leave a long gash on the slide installing them.

·
Premium Member
3,807 Posts
That space below the sight is the access compartment to replace the tritium sight batteries.
G3Kurz

1 - 7 of 7 Posts