HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My USP40 runs fine with Tula in one mag, I recently got 2 new mags and I get fail to extract on a regular basis, today, I had every round out of one of the new mags, fail to extract, I did not have any issues with brass cased ammo in these new mags, but tula does not work well in the 2 new mags. I understand steel cased ammo is not recommended but thats what I am using.

Also, I can only get 12 in these new 13 round mags, the older mag holds 13 and the spring is not as stiff. I am thinking it is a mag issue.

·
Gets the Shakes if No HK Contact in 24 Hour Period
1,023 Posts
I did not have any issues with brass cased ammo in these new mags, but tula does not work well in the 2 new mags.
. I am thinking it is a mag issue.
mmmmh.... brass cased ammo works in your new mags but Tula doesn't. how could this possibly be a mag issue then? ;)
Ammo brand A works, Ammo brand B doesn't work. The mag is the same... just the ammo is different. Hence: it's the ammo, not the mag....

and yes, steel cased ammo is not recommended and HKs and all parts are not build for steel cased russki ammo.
it might well be that your batch of Russki Tula is slightly out of spec and doesn't like the HK magazines...

how much do you pay for 100rds of TULA? I shoot a lot of 9mm and WWB 9mm is barely $2-$3 more per 100rd box than Tula here at Wally World. I guess Tula would be fine in a Hi-point.... I don't get the point of buying a very expensive polymer framed gun and then going ahead and getting the cheapest - not recommended - ammo possible to save a few bucks per range session.

that's like buying a new BMW 5series and putting some scary stretched Ukrainian black market fuel in the tank to save a few bucks....

·
Registered
628 Posts
Come on man you spent however much you spent on that USP, the least you could do is feed it some nice brass ammo and make it feel pretty.

·
Registered
1,234 Posts
mmmmh.... brass cased ammo works in your new mags but Tula doesn't. how could this possibly be a mag issue then? ;)
Ammo brand A works, Ammo brand B doesn't work. The mag is the same... just the ammo is different. Hence: it's the ammo, not the mag....

and yes, steel cased ammo is not recommended and HKs and all parts are not build for steel cased russki ammo.
it might well be that your batch of Russki Tula is slightly out of spec and doesn't like the HK magazines...

how much do you pay for 100rds of TULA? I shoot a lot of 9mm and WWB 9mm is barely $2-$3 more per 100rd box than Tula here at Wally World. I guess Tula would be fine in a Hi-point.... I don't get the point of buying a very expensive polymer framed gun and then going ahead and getting the cheapest - not recommended - ammo possible to save a few bucks per range session.

that's like buying a new BMW 5series and putting some scary stretched Ukrainian black market fuel in the tank to save a few bucks....
Well said.

You're going against all advice and guidelines, but are looking to blame OEM mags. Really?

Also, failure to extract is not generally a function of a bad mag. Failure to feed can be, but the mag has nothing to do with the extractor pulling a spent case out of the chamber.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Ok, but I thought it strange that I never had a problem with tula in the mag that came with the gun, just the 2 new ones, actually, what was happening was , it looked like the case was partially extracted but the next round was already feeding behind it before extraxtion of the spent case.

Sorry, I will be sure to fill my hk with super deluxe editon premium from now on.

·
Registered
628 Posts
Well the idea is to use brass cased ammo and not steel cased. But it is your gun put what you want in it.

·
Registered
1,738 Posts
I run blazer aluminum through my USP45's all day with no problems... its either that or brass.

Steel cased ammo will never find itself in my gun. Theres a reason only a few companies use steel cases.

If you continue to run Tula through your gun then fine but I would stick to brass... The USP manual states: "HK pistols are designed to function with quality manufactured brass cased ammunition. The use of steel or aluminium cased cartridges is not recommended and may affect the proper function of your pistol"

The only reason I run the Blazer aluminum without concern is because Todd Green used 25,000 rounds of it in his 50,000 round endurance test of the HK45. Seems pretty OK to me. He didnt use any Tula ;)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts