HKPRO Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I took my NIB 9mm P2000 LEM to the range today. I field stripped it and cleaned it yesterday. Afterwards I applied a good coat of slide glide to the slide, frame, barrel and checked out the recoil spring and mags to make sure they were acceptable. After reassembly I noticed it was not as smoothly operating. So I disassembled to verify everything was in order and it checked out OK. At the range I loaded up my first mag and bang then FTE. I pulled out the half way ejected case and finished off the rest of the 50 with no issues. This has been what I use on my Sig P220R and have had no issues. I'm thinking it may be the slide glide and I should use only oil. Has any one else had any issues with slide glide or grease? If so, what are you using that works?

·
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒ&
1,921 Posts
I just use CLP and have had no problems at all. Sorry to hear about yours I really like my P2Ks

·
Registered
3,974 Posts
It is not an issue with the SlideGlide. You can run it with that or with oil, heck, that pistol will even run dry with little or no failures. . .

You mentioned that you use grease on the barrel too. . . just be sure you wipe the bore dry before shooting. It should not be wet with lubricant when fired. :)

It may just be that she is new and needs a few mags run through her to get good and started.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts